Interior Styling for Corporate and Residential
How do interior stylists maximise the impact of a project and make it look stylish? In this course we focus on styling for the residential and the corporate markets. It is an introduction that will give you a grounding in these areas of the styling industry...
Taught by: Tara Larkin.
How do interior stylists maximise the impact of a project and make it look stylish? In this course we focus on styling for the residential and the corporate markets. It is an introduction that will give you a grounding in these areas of the styling industry. There will be lectures and presentations and you will learn how to engage with a client brief an how to work with style boards in order to develop a styling project.
The course aims to help you to develop more confidence in order to enable you to make your own choices and propose your own interior design solutions. By the end you should gain a better understanding of styling for corporate and residential interiors and an overview of the roles open to those wishing to develop a styling career.
- Throughout the course there will be lectures on styling methods, such as working with colour, texture, pattern, form and arrangement.
- We will look at how to accessorise a space, pull together a style scheme, using colour, pattern, soft furnishings and furniture.
- You will be encouraged to learn how to interpret a client’s requirements and come up with design concepts.
- You learn how to respond to brief from a client, for which you will need to do research, source products, and present your ideas on style boards.
- By engaging with the project, you will practise methods of verbal and visual presentation.
- We will also visit a key area for sourcing in London.
Who should take this course?
People who want to experiment in their own homes or students who want to explore styling as a career choice. Interior designers wanting to learn new styling skills may also find it useful.
Entry requirements: None
Tara Larkin has been a London based Interior Stylist for over 20 years. She began her career on editorial magazines and has styled advertising brochures and exhibitions for a variety of well known interiors companies. Currently she styles show homes for property developers in the capital. See her client list and examples of her work at www.interiorstylist.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
Magazines will be used for research and some will be supplied but you may want tobring in your own issues if there are any particularly inspirationshoots you have seen.
Later in the course:
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|05/12/2016 - 09/12/2016||Monday to Friday||10:00 - 16:00||1 Week||£545||Fully Booked||Richbell Place - WC1N|
|10/04/2017 - 13/04/2017||Monday to Thursday||10:00 - 17:15||4 Days||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|
|29/08/2017 - 01/09/2017||Tuesday to Friday||10:00 - 17:15||4 Days||£545||Available||Richbell Place - WC1N||Add to Basket|