Introduction to Rhino
In the world of three dimensional design, Rhinoceros 3D is the key digital tool in any workflow from design to manufacture. If you have a passion for creating and communicating three dimensional objects, this beginners course will teach you how to conceptualize your ideas and how to represent them using a unique 3D modelling tool...
Taught by: Abdul Mohammed.
In the world of three dimensional design, Rhinoceros 3D is the key digital tool in any workflow from design to manufacture. If you have a passion for creating and communicating three dimensional objects, this beginners course will teach you how to conceptualize your ideas and how to represent them using a unique 3D modelling tool.
- A workflow that will take you from talking about an idea to quickly realizing it as a 3D model in the Cad environment.
- Core modelling techniques, from using curves and surfaces to using solid objects.
- How to use Rhino and render visuals to professional standards.
- Building objects for rapid prototyping and laser cutting.
Rhino is a friendly and intuitive tool that is easy to learn. Its applications and purposes span the breath of design practices, from product design and architecture through to jewellery and sculpture. Book your place now, and you'll learn some very useful design and communication skills that you can apply to your own practice.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone interested in 3D modelling with a view to creating physical objects.
- Product designers, architects, furniture and jewellery makers, sculptors.
- Rhino can also be used for marketing and presentation purposes.
Entry requirements: Students should have access to a computer and the software to practice outside class time. There is a free trial version of Rhino available in the internet for students to use, for both Macs and PCs. Familiarity with working on computers is needed in order to do this course.
Booking: Your place is confirmed once you book online or by telephone using a credit or debit card. Places are offered on a first come first served basis. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring with you to the first session:
You will also need access to a computer with Rhino software to practice between classes. There are trial versions available in the internet.