Heat Transfer and Screen Printing
An experimental course focusing on heat transfer printing, painting and collaging, combined with silk screen printing using a variety of techniques such as transparent and opaque pigments, foiling and flocking.
- Creating images/ designs in black and white for screen and heat transfer development
- Heat press demonstrations
- Flocking and foiling using screen and combining with heat press backgrounds
- Development of final samples combining techniques shown
Level: All levels
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Deborah Peasgood is an Associate Textile Print Lecturer on the BA Hons inTextile Design at CSM and Chelsea. She also works as a freelance textile designer for Interiors.Through her experience in teaching and designing she offers a very broad range ofskills to students in design development, drawing, and hands on screenprinting.
All materials will be provided throughout this course but there are things which are important that you will need to bring.
Please bring with for the first session:
- gloves and an apron
- sketchbook for planning and drawing.
- favourite drawing media but a lot will be provided
Students should arrive with some visual inspiration to start their print project, ideally black and white drawings, paintings, photos and a colour palette.