Fashion Drawing and Illustration Short Course
This Fashion Drawing and Illustration course is designed to introduce you to the practice of drawing and illustration for fashion, both in its initial and final stages. Through a set of carefully constructed exercises and demonstrations, students will learn a variety of ways of communicating and illustrating fashion. This course will provide a fresh perspective on fashion drawing and it is specifically aimed to liberate the student and inspire them to sketch, illustrate, explore diverse approaches, mediums and techniques and find their own way within the subject. During the Drawing part of the course you will learn how to draw what you observe and how to communicate fashion designs on the figure, individually as garments and as a part of a Fashion Design line-up.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Sketching for Fashion
- Fundamentals of Fashion Drawing
- Various methods for drawing your Fashion Figure
- Gesture, movement and pose
- Heads, hands, faces, hair and feet
- Drawing garments
- How to draw drapery and volume
- Texture and pattern
- Understanding shading
- Rendering different fabrics
- How to use promarkers and colour pencils
- Creating a final Fashion Design Line-up drawings of your chosen collection
During the Illustration part of the course you will learn how to transition from drawing what you see to drawing what you think and how to develop your personal style of illustration. You will create a series of fashion illustration for your portfolio and learn how to use a selection of wet and dry mediums.
This part of the course includes:
- Fashion Illustration as means of “Capturing the Essence”
- What it means to develop your personal style
- How to draw what you think
- Deconstructing the building blocks – line, colour and shape
- Understanding colour
- Watercolours for Fashion
- Ink for Fashion
- Pastels for Fashion
- Acrylic and Gouache for Fashion
- Illustrating carefully chosen selection of contemporary fashion designers
- Please bring 2/3 Fashion magazines for the course
- Pencils, colour pencils (recommended Faber + Castell Polychromos)
- pens, markers (stabilos + 1 or 2 Posca markers)
- Colours are up to you but please have a range of light colours and dark colours ie. pink, brown, black, etc.
- Small selection of watercolor or gouache (colours of your choice).
- Other basic materials will be provided, and during the first class you'll be advised regarding extra items you may wish to bring for your own use.
Meet the Tutor:
Explore fashion drawing styles and techniques on this Fashion Drawing course. Learn how to express your designs figuratively and get your ideas on paper.
- London College of Fashion
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 20 John Prince's Street London W1G 0BJ
college: London College of FashionMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- London College of Fashion
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 20 John Prince's Street
- W1G 0BJ