Fashion Marketing and PR (Online Short Course)
This course is perfect for beginners looking to quickly gain insight into both Fashion Marketing and Fashion PR. It’s vital for fashion brands to build brand awareness and drive sales, and this course will teach you how Fashion Marketing and Fashion PR are used to achieve both of these aims, as well as equipping you with the industry techniques in both the digital and traditional spheres to drive sales and build awareness for a Fashion Brand.
- Analysing and researching the fashion market
- Identifying fashion segments and target markets
- The fashion product
- The power of a fashion image
- Exploring the digital landscape and media
- How PR works with marketing and advertising
- Creating a press pack
By the end of the course you will;
- Understand the difference between Fashion PR and Fashion marketing
- Understand why both are crucial to a successful fashion business
- Learned how to identify and target audience and how to tailor content to them
- Developed an understanding of how to build brand recognition and favorability
- Practiced a range of techniques to drive sales for a Fashion Brand
- Be able to apply what you have learnt to your role as a Fashion Marketer, or to promote your own label.
Who is Fashion Marketing and PR (Online) for
This course will be useful for anyone wanting to quickly gain an insight into how the fashion industry uses both marketing and PR to drive sales and increase brands awareness. You may work for a marketing or PR organisation, or you may be considering starting your own fashion brand, and looking to learn how fashion marketing and PR techniques can drive your business.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Sue has worked as a brand consultant for over ten years across multiple sectors with a bias in fashion, film, music and sports. She is a specialist in consumer PR in both the UK and international media together with understanding the world of social media influencers, celebrity management structures and stylists. Responsible for successful launches from products and services to brands and individuals, Sue has launched well known celebrities into fashion accessories; Alesha Dixon, Kimberley Walsh and Lily Allen as well as profiling the Swedish siblings behind luxury men’s accessory brand, Oppermann. Sue is able to produce fresh and innovative retail multi-channel marketing strategies in order to strengthen a brand and drive traffic to physical and online properties. Sue also teaches on a selection of marketing and PR short courses at London College of Fashion.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).