Fashion Marketing and PR (Online Short Course)
This course is perfect for beginners looking to quickly gain insight into the new wave of fashion marketing and fashion PR techniques for 2020, and how fashion brands are evolving into lifestyle communities and using their identity to build loyal customers and ensure 'peer to peer' sales in a digital age. You will learn practical skills and techniques from an industry professional, and gain the confidence to use them in your business.
In each session you will learn new marketing skills and will study with likeminded people from around the world. You will receive feedback on your practical assignment work from your tutor, and this will help you develop your skills and challenge you to push your boundaries.
The course covers a full range of fashion marketing and PR skills, including how to analyse and research your customer, how to plan marketing and PR campaigns, how to master digital tools and language, how to identify and satisfy consumer desires, how to create meaningful content that resonates, and how to create and use media packs for use with journalists, celebrities and influencers.
This course is ideal if you are looking to take on new marketing and PR responsibilities in your existing role, or if you have a project or passion that you want to develop as a business opportunity. By the end of this course you will have a deeper understanding the PR and fashion industry, and step by step processes and techniques which you can apply in your business.
- Analysing and researching the fashion market
- A step by step guide to how PR works with marketing and advertising
- Exploring the digital landscape and media choices
- How to create a brand identity and personality
- Identify fashion markets: core consumers and how to make them fall in love with you
- How to develop a brand media pack and how to utilise this
- The death of the traditional marketing mix; the new power of the fashion image
- How to maximise a sales by building a community
- Understanding consumer desire
- Focusing your attention on appropriate media for your brand
- Understanding the 2020 changes in influencer marketing
- How to build a unique style of communications; becoming authentic and being real with your community
"Sue, the course leader, was just amazing! She has a lot of knowledge and enthusiasm about what she is teaching, and is very supportive. She reads a lot so knows all the trends and what is going on in the industry - it was great to share insights with her!" -Sedef Kunter, LCF alumni (BA Hons Fashion Management), currently working for Cartier in Monaco
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- Understand the difference between fashion marketing and fashion PR
- Understand why both are crucial to a fashion business
- Learned how to identify a target audience and how to tailor content to them
- Developed an understanding of how to build brand recognition
- Explored a wide range of techniques to drive sales
- Be able to apply the skills you have learnt to a company or to promote your own label
- Know how to utilise your press pack to its full capacity
- Analyse and research the fashion market for new concepts
Who is Fashion Marketing and PR (Online Short Course) for?
This course is ideal for a creative individual who wants to gain an insight into how the fashion industry uses both marketing and PR to drive sales and increase brands awareness. You may work for a marketing or PR organisation, or you may be considering starting your own fashion brand and looking to learn how fashion marketing and PR techniques can drive your business.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Sue Seel is an industry disruptor; having launched or worked alongside celebrities such as Eva Longoria, Quentin Tarantino, Lily Allen, Danny Cipriani and Ne Yo, her experience spans over 11 years and her creative style has evolved with the changes in consumer lifestyle and trends in technology. Sue now focuses on both ‘renovation’ and ‘innovation’ strategies for brands of all sizes. Her talent is in luxury, but with a growing number of non-luxury brands presenting luxury service offering, she can ensure brand loyalty and equity are achievable, and sales into key retailers or direct to consumers realised. Sue has collaborated with many global brands; including Chopard, Givenchy, Topshop and Police. Sue teaches on various short courses at London College of Fashion; with her expertise in branding, marketing and digital communications.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.