Fashion Marketing and PR (Online Short Course)
This course is perfect for beginners looking to quickly gain insight into both fashion marketing and fashion PR, and how fashion brands use these to build brand awareness and drive sales. You will learn practical skills and techniques from an industry professional, and gain the confidence to use them in your business.
In each session you will learn new marketing skills and will study with likeminded people from around the world. You will receive feedback on your practical assignment work from your tutor, and this will help you develop your skills and challenge you to push your boundaries.
The course covers a full range of fashion marketing and PR skills, including how to analyse and research your market, how to plan marketing and PR campaigns, how to leverage digital, how to identify consumer desires and create content that resonates, and how to create and use press packs.
This course is ideal if you are looking to take on new marketing and PR responsibilities in your existing role, or if you have a project or passion that you want to develop as a business opportunity. By the end of this course you will have a deeper understanding the PR and fashion industry, and step by step processes and techniques which you can apply in your business.
- Analysing and researching the fashion market
- A step by step guide to how PR works with marketing and advertising
- Exploring the digital landscape and media
- How to create a brand personality
- Identify fashion markets and how to appeal to them
- How to create a press pack and how to utilise this
- The fashion product and the power of the fashion image
- How to maximise a company’s sales and profitability
- Understanding consumer desire
- Attention to media coverage
- How to create a personalised marketing style
- The perception vs reality of fashion marketing
- How to push boundaries within the fashion market
- How to utilise fashion literature and media
- Brand personality and brand essence
"Sue, the course leader, was just amazing! She has a lot of knowledge and enthusiasm about what she is teaching, and is very supportive. She reads a lot so knows all the trends and what is going on in the industry - it was great to share insights with her!" -Sedef Kunter, LCF alumni (BA Hons Fashion Management), currently working for Cartier in Monaco
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- Understand the difference between fashion marketing and fashion PR
- Understand why both are crucial to a fashion business
- Learned how to identify a target audience and how to tailor content to them
- Developed an understanding of how to build brand recognition
- Explored a wide range of techniques to drive sales
- Be able to apply the skills you have learnt to a company or to promote your own label
- Know how to utilise your press pack to its full capacity
- Analyse and research the fashion market for new concepts
Who is Fashion Marketing and PR (Online Short Course) for?
This course is ideal for a creative individual who wants to gain an insight into how the fashion industry uses both marketing and PR to drive sales and increase brands awareness. You may work for a marketing or PR organisation, or you may be considering starting your own fashion brand and looking to learn how fashion marketing and PR techniques can drive your business.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).