Fashion Marketing and Communications
If you're interested in fashion but perhaps not in design, then this two-week hands on intensive fashion marketing and communications course will introduce you to the exciting worlds of fashion marketing, fashion communication, contemporary fashion PR and fashion social media. It's perfect if you're an aspiring fashion marketer, budding fashion communicator or PR.
Course includes short briefs, an example live brief from industry and a visit to London PR Agency.
Fashion marketing and communication:
- The meaning and value of brand communication
- Analysing the fashion market and its environments
- Fashion marketing research
- Identifying fashion segments and selecting target market
- Trends in consumer attitudes and behaviour
- The fashion product
- Integrated fashion communications
- Fashion marketing planning and determining the strategy
- Differentiating, positioning and innovation in fashion
- The fashion calendar
- International dimension of fashion marketing
- Marketing luxury brands and other contemporary issues
Contemporary Fashion PR and social media:
- The power of the fashion image
- Celebrity product placement
- Exploring the digital landscape and social media
- How PR works with marketing and communication
- Types of social media
- Social media for personal branding, company branding and working with in an organisation
- How to network efficiently using social media
- Who to monitor and how to keep a social media presence
- Career and CV recommendations
“By giving examples of his broad professional experience, an endless brainstorm of ideas from varied areas and to-the-point questions, Sanjeev creates the perfect framework to make you push the envelope of your project: he makes you think different and bring your own essence to the project, which is so fundamental to connect through your unique brand and survive being a fashion entrepreneur. Despite being a group of 12 people, his classes still enable everyone develop their individual projects while creating a supportive team atmosphere. At the same time, his very practical and dynamic way of teaching makes one take action, which eventually takes your project much more ahead than you had expected. The result is that all our professional projects have expanded in many unthinkable ways and we have acquired a new perspective of approaching decisions and ideas that will endure beyond the classes and along in our careers. As a student attending his classes, I have respected his commitment in giving 200%, his enthusiasm and genuine support to the group and to every individual project.” - Angels, Fashion Marketing and Communications
“I think the course has been amazing, the content was very useful for our future opportunities. I need to highlight our tutor, Sanjeev Davidson. He has been an amazing teacher and he made us feel very confident. It has been the best choice I haver ever taken and I feel the teacher has been decisive.” - Aroa, Fashion Marketing and Communications
“Sanjeev has been one of the best teachers I ever had in my life. After going to his classes I felt inspired and empowered for starting my own path within the fashion industry. He did an amazing job and was always ready and prepared. His way of teaching is not only engaging but also really graphic which I personally love. Every time I would ask him a doubt about my future he did a massive research and came the morning after with an answer. I definitely will recommend the course, the teacher and the university. Looking forward doing more short courses.” - Silvia, Fashion Marketing and Communications
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Tablet or laptop,
- A3 Sketch Pad
- Good Selection of Coloured Felt Tip Pens.