An introduction to cool hunting and trend research using London as a source of inspiration. Designed for beginners, the course will explore relevant exhibitions and museums, and you'll discover places not found in the guidebooks. You'll experience London from a multi-disciplinary design perspective. If you are interested in trends, both past and future, and wish to develop your visual research skills for design, this course will be ideal.
Cool hunting is an increasingly crucial area for many large companies, designers, stylists, and the creative industry in general. If you are eager to learn about the emergence of trends and explore London's role in influencing trends worldwide, this course is a must.
This course is also ideal for those who are unfamiliar with London and wish to explore some of the key cultural aspects of the capital that inform and reflect global trends.
- We will visit key areas of London where trend prediction teams seek out the 'new' and 'underground'.
- We will explore the culture and influences that help to shape and reflect new trends: new designers and artists, cutting-edge magazines, contemporary exhibitions and street fashion.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone wanting to explore the emergence of trends and trendy places around London’s cultural scene.
- Those who have a natural curiosity, like travel and have an interest in design and fashion.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Online short courses
Did you know we offer a similar course online? UAL online short courses are designed to help creative people master new challenges, develop their skills, get inspired by new ideas and access the UAL learning experience without having to travel to a campus for class.
Daniela is a womenswear designer, print designer and creative consultant. She has worked both in London and abroad for luxury fashion houses and brands as well as tutoring at Central Saint Martins. Daniela began her studies at Ravensbourne college of Art Design and Communication and completed her Masters in Fashion Womenswear at Central Saint Martins. She has worked for various fashion labels including Jonathan Saunders and Luella. A consultant to several brands including, Adam Andrascik and Selfridges, Daniela also teaches womenswear on the fashion folio course at Central Saint Martins.
Please bring with you to each class:
- Camera or Phone with built in camera
- Pen/Pencil and a notebook
- Travelcard or Oyster card which is already topped up
- Shoes that you can walk in
- Suitable clothes for the climate.