Cool Hunters London
An introduction to cool hunting and trend research for fashion using London as a source of inspiration. This is an increasingly crucial area for many large companies, fashion designers, stylists, makers and the fashion industry in general. If you are eager to learn about the emergence of trends and explore London's role in influencing trends worldwide, this course is a must.
This course is also ideal for those who are unfamiliar with London and wish to explore some of the key cultural aspects of the capital that inform and reflect fashion trends.
- We will visit key areas of London where trend prediction teams seek out the 'new' and 'underground', such as trendy markets and vintage clothing retailers.
- We will explore the culture and influences that help to shape and reflect new trends: new designers and artists, cutting-edge magazines, contemporary exhibitions and street fashion.
- You will be shown how to use the CSM library and source material.
- You will be encouraged to develop your fashion research and communication skills by researching websites and blogs, taking photographs, keeping a journal and discussing your ideas and findings with your colleagues.
Who should take this course?
- Students wishing to learn more about cool hunting, fashion trends and communication should benefit from the course.
- Anyone wanting to explore the emergence of trends and trendy places around London’s cultural scene.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Daniela is a womenswear designer, print designer and creative consultant. She has worked both in London and abroad for luxury fashion houses and brands as well as tutoring at Central Saint Martins. Glaswegian born Daniela Bomba began her studies at Ravensbourne college of Art, design and communication then completed her Masters in Fashion womenswear at the prestigious Central Saint Martins under the guidance of Professor OBE Louise Wilson. She has worked for various fashion labels including Jonathan Saunders, Luella, Maria Francesca Pepe.
A consultant to several brands including Adam Andrascik, Selfridges creative windows and brands in Eastern Europe and Asia, Daniela also teaches womenswear on the fashion folio course at Central Saint Martins.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Drawing kit - pens, pencils, eraser and sharpener
- Colour felt tip markers, colour pencils, etc.
- Pritt stick or glue stick
- Camera (film or digital)
- Zone 1 & 2 Travel card or Oyster card
- Entry to the Museum or Gallery - Allow between £5 and £10
- Personal Laptop - (optional/not essential)
- Please wear comfortable shoes – there will be a lot of walking!
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.