Fashion Buying and Merchandising Buying Techniques
This course follows on from our 'Introduction to Fashion Buying and Merchandising' and will give you the tools you need to follow either the buying pathway in your career. Through the use of up-to-date case studies, lectures and workshops this fashion buying course will explore the more complex aspects of the 'fashion buyer' function.
The projects you'll be asked to undertake involve mathematical formulae therefore it's essential you have an understanding of maths to GCSE level C or equivalent.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Laptop/ iPad/ tablet
- Notepad and pen
- Pocket calculator
- Please bring 2-3 magazines (lifestyle/ fashion/ home) that you are willing to cut up.
- The role of the 'fashion buyer'
- Preparation pre planning
- Understanding your customer
- Identifying demand
- Sales analysis
- Understanding product lifecycles
- Profit and margin control
- Emerging Markets
- The impact of new technology
- Supply chain and distribution
Meet the Tutor:
This Fashion Buying and Merchandising Buying Techniques course follows on from our 'Introduction to Fashion Buying and Merchandising' and will give you the tools you need to follow either the buying pathway in your career.