Consumer Psychology for Digital Marketing Online Short Course
What makes for ‘good’ marketing? How can we understand what goes on in people’s minds that affect their purchasing habits? How can we influence people’s purchase decisions? The answer is neuromarketing, the study of consumer psychology to understand customer behaviour in relation to marketing.
Understanding the relationship between psychology and marketing and customer behaviour is imperative in making marketing campaigns successful - especially if you want to see results and maximise Return on Investment (ROI). It is very easy to spend thousands on ads and campaigns without seeing any effect on revenue. The wrong content to the wrong target population makes for a whole lot of wasted of money. This marketing psychology course will teach you how to develop a successful digital marketing strategy.
This four-week course is taught through weekly online classes where you will engage in discussions with other students about marketing consumer psychology and be able to ask your tutor any questions you have. You will also be set tasks each week, finally creating your own six-month strategy and campaign.
Learning the basis of digital psychology and persuasion will enable you to create better content for marketing in whichever field you work. By the end of this course you will have the toolkit you need to be able to better promote your business or organisation online.
Who is Consumer Psychology for Digital Marketing Online Short Course for?
This course is for anyone interested in marketing and wanting to learn how to successfully use it in a professional environment. You may be a marketer, an entrepreneur or anyone in a digital profession related to sales, marketing or business development. Or maybe you are curious about consumer psychology and want to learn more about marketing before studying it at degree level.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed a thorough understanding of neuromarketing concepts
- Gained an understanding of how to create more effective ads, campaigns and promotions
- Analysed present-day campaigns to understand the marketing field better
- Studied various aspects of the human psyche which have an impact on buying behaviour, such as price point, eye movement, colour and content
- Created and analysed your own marketing campaigns and plan
- Received personalised feedback from your tutor
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Definitions, applications and ethical considerations
- Audio logo and distinctiveness
- Costing and pain points: priming, anchoring and precision
- Visual positioning and eyetracking
- Emotional appeal: colour, word choice and emotional message
- Decoy marketing, bundling and other behavioural techniques
- Digital storytelling
- Real-world applications (to your own business and case studies)
- Self-identification and association
- How to trigger olfactory response digitally
- Exposure theories
- The 95% rule, a customer centric approach to marketing
- Brand tribes and customer personalities
- Confirmation bias and golden ratio
Meet the Tutor:
In this online short course, you will gain valuable insight into consumer psychology for digital marketing. You will gain practical skills related to neuromarketing in order to create the best marketing for your customer.