Every year, University of the Arts London (UAL) welcomes students from South Africa on to our degrees, short courses and Study Abroad programmes.
Representatives in South Africa
Agents can offer you support through every stage of the application process, free of charge. Services include:
- Providing information about UAL and its six Colleges
- Advice about our courses and help with choosing the right programme for you
- Advice on preparing your application and portfolio
- Arranging interviews in South Africa with one of our academic staff
- Help with visa applications and travel to the UK.
UAL's official representative in South Africa is Global Education:
The Zone @ Rosebank
177 Oxford Road
T: +27(0)11 268 6545
Contact: Panos Manoussis
45 Lewis Drive
T: +27(0)21 794 0177
Contact: Gill Mercer
2 Ncondo Place
T: +27(0)31 830 5556
Contact: Nico Eleftheriades
Our academic staff visit South Africa to give students an opportunity to meet us in person, find out about studying at UAL, learn about preparing a portfolio, and discuss their application.
We will next be in South Africa in February 2019 (dates TBC). Please register your interest to be notified of the details.
What to expect
If you applied through one of our agents in South Africa, you may be able to have a face-to-face interview with one of our academic staff, otherwise you can be interviewed by telephone or Skype. Students who apply without a representative to one of our Colleges will be interviewed by telephone or Skype.
For more information on our interview schedule, contact our representative nearest to you (see contact details above).
Offers at interview
- Further education and undergraduate applications: If you are successful in the interview, you will receive an offer on the spot. If the interviewer cannot offer you a place on your first choice course, they will advise you on other suitable courses across UAL's six Colleges or recommend ways you can improve your work so that you can reapply at a later date.
- Postgraduate applications: For some courses our interviewers can make offers on the spot; for other courses they will make a recommendation to the College you are applying to.