Brigitte Lardinois is Deputy Director of the Photography and the Archive Research Centre (PARC) at University of the Arts in London. From 1985-1995 she worked as an Exhibition Organiser and Curator at the Barbican Art Gallery where she specialised in the setting up of their photography exhibitions. In 1995 she joined the staff of Magnum Photos to set up their Cultural Department in London. She was involved in many Magnum group exhibitions, notably Magnum Ireland, as well as solo shows for Henri Cartier-Bresson, Martin Parr, Josef Koudelka, Eve Arnold, Elliott Erwitt and many others.
In 2006 she moved to London College of Communication at University of the Arts to become a Senior Research Fellow. While there, she edited Magnum Magnum, the sixtieth Anniversary book of the agency which was published by Thames and Hudson in eight languages and is currently in its fourth edition. For Thames and Hudson she also edited Eve Arnold’s People and she curated Arnold's memorial exhibition All About Eve which finished a very successful run in London in April 2012.
She is Trustee of the Philip Jones Griffiths Foundation and is working on an exhibition and the retrospective book of his work.
She lectures and writes about photography with photojournalism and curation as her specialist areas. She co-curated with Val Williams the A day in the World exhibition in Stockholm and Goteborg, November 2012.
- Stories Seen Through A Glass Plate - Lardinois, Brigitte and Haycocks, Matt (2014) Stories Seen Through A Glass Plate. [Show/Exhibition] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/8349/)
- Discovering the Story of the Reeves Archive in Sussex - Lardinois, Brigitte (2014) Discovering the Story of the Reeves Archive in Sussex. In: Beyond the View: (New) Perspectives on Seaside Photography, 10-11 July 2014, Southeast Archive of Seaside Photography, Canterbury Christ Church University. (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/8348/)
- Introduction - Good, Jennifer and Lowe, Paul and Lardinois, Brigitte and Williams, Val (2014) Introduction. In: Mythologizing the Vietnam War: Visual Culture and Mediated Memory. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle Upon Tyne, xiii-xv. ISBN 978-1-4438-5442-9 (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/8865/)
- Reeves Photographic Studio - Lardinois, Brigitte (2013) Reeves Photographic Studio. In: “Breekbaar Bezit” FoMu Antwerp, 28-29 November 2013, PhotoMuseum Antwerp. (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/6767/)
- The Greenpeace Archive - Lardinois, Brigitte (2013) The Greenpeace Archive. Photography and Culture, 6 (2). pp. 217-224. ISSN 1751-4517 (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/6768/)
- Interviews with Philip Jones Griffiths and Geert Van Kesteren - Lardinois, Brigitte (2013) Interviews with Philip Jones Griffiths and Geert Van Kesteren. In: Memory of Fire: Images of War and the War of Images. Photoworks, Brighton. ISBN 9781903796498 (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/6770/)
- A Day in the World - Williams, Val and Lardinois, Brigitte and Ericsson, Marcus (2012) A Day in the World. [Show/Exhibition] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/5634/)
- All about Eve: the photography of Eve Arnold - Lardinois, Brigitte (2012) All about Eve: the photography of Eve Arnold. [Show/Exhibition] (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/5204/)
- Considering Vietnam - Williams, Val and Pollard, Jennifer and Lowe, Paul and Lardinois, Brigitte, Imperial War Museum, The University of the Arts Photography and Archive Research Centre (2012) Considering Vietnam. In: Considering Vietnam, 17-18 February 2012, Imperial War Museum, London. (Unpublished) (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/5178/)
- Photographs from the Glyndebourne Opera archive, 1934–1939 - Williams, Val and Lardinois, Brigitte (2009) Photographs from the Glyndebourne Opera archive, 1934–1939. Photography and Culture, 2 (1). pp. 89-94. ISSN 17514517 (http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/4354/)