BiographyMy practice and research are interlinked. The work I do is collaborative and interdisciplinary. I contribute art and design approaches to enhance a process of discovery or an exchange of ideas. Graphic prototyping as an aid in communication and discovery. My focus is more and more on developing workshops, tools, and methodologies. The emphasis is on process more than outcome.
My academic writing tests theoretical directions for my work. I also use it to present research conducted. In a recent publication, I explored the role informal spaces play in communication. This exploration underpins my process both in research and in teaching. In a book published last year, I applied a technique from the social sciences to an art project I completed. This was an exploration of art as social value.
I am a member of the Photography and the Archive Research Centre. I am also a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society. My past projects include curation and art installation. Currently I am collaborating on projects with institutions in the UK.
- Biagioli M. Route Service Interruption. The Jepma Effect (2010)
- Biagioli M. Strasse 2003 installation: seven leather handbags, and kiosk design (2003)
- Biagioli M. Strada 2003 (2003)
- Biagioli M, Grimaldi S, Milic N. Special Issue Preface: London Design Festival (2019)
- Ali H, Grimaldi S, Biagioli M. Service Design pedagogy and effective student engagement: Generative Tools and Methods (2017)
- Biagioli M. Zones of Intensity Invested with Desire (2015)
- Biagioli M. These are the echoes: Sound Proof 2008-2012 (2013)
- Biagioli M. Modeling the Organic: Cultural Value of Independent Artistic Production (2019)
- Biagioli M. The Case for Informal Spaces in the Workplace (2017)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Biagioli M, Grimaldi S, Ali H. Designer’s emotions in the design process (2018)
- Biagioli M, Owens A, Pässilä A. Zines as qualitative forms of analysis (2016)
- Biagioli M, Pässilä A, Owens A, Chamberlain O. Play-scripting: Testing a means of accounting for social value (2015)
- Biagioli M. Zones of intensity: reinforcing a sense of place (2015)
- Biagioli M. The Talayots of Mallorca: Fine art activity in support of cultural heritage (2014)
- Biagioli M. Fine art installations: Expressions of cultural identity and catalysts for intuitive business models (2014)
- Biagioli M. Modelling the organic: Case study for the cultural value of vernacular forms of art production (2014)
- Biagioli M. Becoming the Olympics: The Sound Proof series of exhibition (2008-2012) (2013)
- Biagioli M. The Zine Method (2018)
Communication and graphic design
Curation and culture