Professor Felicity Colman
BiographyFelicity Colman is Professor of Media Arts and Associate Dean of Research for the London College of Fashion at University of the Arts, London. Felicity is a specialist in media forms, creative philosophies, communication theory, and new materialist feminist epistemologies. Felicity teaches and researches forms of creative media practice. She has a professional background working life in the creative industries - in fashion and textile design, and working in curatorial roles. Trained as an art historian, she has taught and worked in Higher Education in Australia and in the United Kingdom for over 20 years. Current research focus is on feminist modal ethics.
Felicity welcomes students for MA and PhD research supervision in both practice and theoretical research in the areas of art, cultural studies, political modalities of fashion, feminist practice, film, media theory, and ethics of technology.
Grants and awards
(Figures indicate amount awarded to UAL)
- COST [European Cooperation in Science and Technology] European Horizon2020, New Materialism: Networking European Scholarship on 'How Matter Comes to Matter'
- Horizon2020. H2020-EU.2.1.1., Ethics of Coding: A Report on the Algorithmic Condition. [EoC]
- Colman F. Film Theory: Creating a Cinematic Grammar (2014)
- Colman F. Digital biopolitics: the image of life (2016)
- Colman F, Bühlmann V, O’Donnell A, van der Tuin I. Ethics of Coding: A Report on the Algorithmic Condition [EoC] (2018)
Animation, interactive, film and sound
Curation and culture
Textiles and materials