BiographyChris Follows is the Emerging Technologies Manager at UAL, Camberwell, Chelsea & Wimbledon Colleges of Arts.
Chris leads on embedding of emerging technologies in curricular and extracurricular learning experiences across the colleges, ensure a technology enhanced student experience is consistently accessible and deliverable.
Chris is the first point of contact for technology partners to support and facilitate engagement in research and knowledge exchange projects and partnerships across the colleges, help maintain the colleges at the foreground of emergent technologies through the facilitation of both formal and informal collaborations. Support the work of academic colleagues in their engagement with and use of emerging technologies in learning and teaching.
Chris Follows is also a Co-Investigator EU funded Open Design & Manufacturing Project, Central Saint Martins, Granary Building, 1 Granary Square, London N1C 4AA
Leading the CCW contribution of a three-year ‘Open Design and Manufacture’ project (2017-2020), funded under the Knowledge Alliances strand of the Erasmus plus programme – European Commission. A Knowledge Alliance between HEIs, Makers and Manufacturers to boost Open Design & Open Manufacturing in Europe. http://odmplatform.eu/
Grants and awards
(Figures indicate amount awarded to UAL)
- Erasmus+ - Key Action 2 - Knowledge Alliances, Open Design and Manufacturing: OD&M, €984.86, (2017-2019)
- Follows C. Open Education Handbook (2014)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Follows C. MakerSpace for Open Practice (2015)
- Follows C. Developing digital literacies for Practice Based Massive Open Online Communities of Interest (2014)
- Follows C. ‘Subject-community’ approach: Using Drupal to create bespoke subject-specific frameworks and sustainable communities to support OER digital literacies (2012)
- Follows C, Munro Kerr R. Open Design & Citizen-Centered Innovation at Tate Exchange 2019