BiographyChris Follows is the Digital Learning Technologies Manager at UAL, Camberwell, Chelsea & Wimbledon Colleges of Arts, an academic role that also straddles technical and college digital perspectives.
The role provides new opportunities to gather, highlight and respond to emergent digital practice, as well as ensuring the inclusion of CCWs voice in wider UAL and external debates.
A large part of the role is spent supporting and facilitating various interdisciplinary student led activities, projects & events in association with organisations such as Tate & BFI.
Over the past 15 years Chris has worked in various digital teaching & learning roles at UAL, as well as project managing JISC funded digital projects from the centre.
Chris won a year-long teaching fellowship at the Open University part of the SCORE (Support Centre for Open Resources in Education) project in 2011.
Chris graduated from Wimbledon School of Art, 'BA' Fine Art Painting in 2000 and is a practising artist.
Grants and awards
(Figures indicate amount awarded to UAL)
- Erasmus+ - Key Action 2 - Knowledge Alliances, Open Design and Manufacturing: OD&M
- Follows C. Open Education Handbook (2014)
Conference, Symposium or Workshop item
- Follows C. MakerSpace for Open Practice (2015)
- Follows C. Developing digital literacies for Practice Based Massive Open Online Communities of Interest (2014)
- Follows C. ‘Subject-community’ approach: Using Drupal to create bespoke subject-specific frameworks and sustainable communities to support OER digital literacies (2012)