Dr Annie Goh
BiographyDr Annie Goh is an artist and researcher working primarily with sound, space, electronic media and generative processes within their social and cultural contexts. She is a Lecturer in XD Pathway in BA Fine Art at CSM and an Associate Lecturer in Sound Arts at LCC. Her work takes a critical approach to contemporary debates in the fields of digital technologies, media arts, generative and computational processes and communication studies, with a particular focus on sound, intersectional feminism, decolonial theory and the politics of knowledge production.
Recent publications have appeared in Parallax, n.paradoxa: feminist art journal & Flusseriana: An Intellectual Toolbox. Exhibitions, performances and residencies include Studio XX (Montreal, Canada), Parabol, (Bergen, NO), Sexing Sound (Chicago, US), Inside-Out Art Museum (Beijing, CN), Höhlenmediale (Wendelstein, DE), White Building (London, UK), Arthackday at LEAP and transmediale (Berlin, DE) and Tokyo Wonder Site (Tokyo, JP). She co-curated the discourse program of CTM Festival Berlin 2013-2016 and is co-founder of the Sonic Cyberfeminisms project since 2015 with Dr Marie Thompson (University of Lincoln).
She holds an MA in Sound Studies and a Meisterschüler award in Computational/Generative Art, both from the University of Arts Berlin. Her PhD thesis entitled “Sonic Knowledge Production in Archaeoacoustics: Echoes of Elsewhere?” from Goldsmiths, University of London was an ethnographic investigation into the production of knowledge in archaeoacoustics which reconceptualised echo as a feminist and decolonial sonic figuration. She received AHRC/CHASE funding for her studies and was a Stuart Hall Foundation PhD Fellow.
- Goh A. Sounding Situated Knowledges - Echo in Archaeoacoustics (2017)
- Goh A. The Dimension of Sound in Flusser: Implications for a Sonic Media Archaeology (2016)
- Goh A. GenDyTrouble: Cyber*Feminist Computer Music (2016)
- Goh A, Maltez Novaes R, Castello Branco M. Introduction: Music and Sound in Vilém Flusser’s Work (2014)
- Goh A. The Dimension of Sound in Flusser (2014)
- Goh A, Engelmann C. Was ist generative Kunst? (2014)
- Goh A. Electronic Voice Phenomena - a C21st Sonic Fiction (2012)