Better Living Research Hub
The Hub is based at London College of Fashion and intended for staff, early career researchers, research and postgraduate students to learn about and become involved with the projects generated through the LENS and to share ideas and develop collaborative opportunities.
Aims and objectives
Psychologists are concerned with improving quality of life, working towards ‘better lives’, which is also the mission of LCF. The Hub aims to facilitate a deeper understanding of human behaviour in the fashion and creative industries and the potential for improving the quality of life through understanding psychological well-being.
Activities and outputs
- Mental Health Issues in the Fashion and Creative Industries, 10 October 2016
- The fight against body dissatisfaction: A critique to action, 20 April 2016
- Fashion in contemporary Indonesia: women & body image, 2 March 2016
- Fashion and Emotional Sustainability, Caryn Franklin MBE, 1 March 2016
- Mental Imagery and Psychological Well-Being, 17 June 2015
- Will Allsop in conversation, 20 May 2015
- Well-being Research Hub Presents: Positive Organisations, 25 March 2015
- Better Lives Panel Discussion: Positive Psychology in Fashion, 23 February 2015
- Claire Heirons - Promoting Sustainability in Industry, 25 October 2015
Promoting Sustainability in Industry
More than 40 people attended this event which discussed the issues around sustainability in industry and the need to promote the mutual benefits of incorporating sustainable practices in industry. Claire stayed after the talk to answer questions from the audience for more than an hour. Following the event, one attendee expressed:I just wanted to say that I attended the Claire Heirons' talk a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I thought she was an excellent speaker, and I found the content of the evening very interesting. It was great to have the Q&A session at the end, to discuss ways her knowledge and experience could help us spark ideas for changing the fashion industry, little by little. Overall I thought it
This event explored the Seam between our First and Second Skin, 25 April 2018
Second in the series of multidisciplinary symposia on skin was hosted by London College of Fashion, organised by Professor Danka Tamburic and Professor Paul Matts, on behalf of the Better Living Research Hub.
Discover our video series on YouTube to explore the thees covered at the first skin symposium.