Social Media Analytics (Online)
This advanced course will empower you to deliver and measure data-driven social media campaigns. You will learn about the application of 'Big Data' to social media marketing and creating data driven content. The course will also cover current data practices and learn about the importance of the cloud and security for your business...
Taught by: Lynsey Fox.
This advanced course will empower you to deliver and measure data-driven social media campaigns. You will learn about the application of 'Big Data' to social media marketing and creating data driven content. The course will also cover current data practices and learn about the importance of the cloud and security for your business.
Everybody recognises the importance of social media for business, but showing a measurable return on financial investment can be tricky. With a focus on measurable data this course will teach you how you can use Google Analytics to see how people find your site and what they do when they get there. This will help you build compelling arguments for stakeholders, budget-holders and clients.
Taught online this course is practical and hands-on. At every stage of the class there will be the opportunity to discuss your current work and share ideas with the group. Each 90 minute session will comprise tutor demos, practical tasks and a review and feedback of assignments.
An assignment will be set each week. The brief will be open and you can apply it to your current role or project. You will present assignments at the beginning of each class.
- Google Analytics: Audience, Behaviour, Goals and Events
- Social media analytics: Making use of free and paid for social media analytics
- Measuring a campaign's return on investment (ROI)
- Mapping networks
- Presenting Data
- The power of video to drive engagement
- The Cloud
- Data Security: Privacy laws and best practice
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a campaign using Google Analytics
- Discover how people find your site and how they interact with it
- Present a compelling argument for investment in social media in marketing budgets
- Select the most appropriate emergent social media channels for your business
- Understand the relationship between Big Data and social media marketing
- Recognise the importance of the cloud and data security
Who is Social Media Analytics (Online) for?
This course is ideal for;
This course is for social media / community managers, campaigners, PRs, journalists, digital marketers and start-up entrepreneurs who already use social media for business and want to integrate data and analytics into their campaigns. The level of the course is advanced, so you should already be using social media marketing for work or have taken Social Media Marketing or Digital Marketing Strategy at LCC. You should have log-ins for a couple of social media accounts and a Google Analytics account.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose a LCC Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Lynsey Fox is a journalist and pr and communications specialist with 10 years’ experience spanning fashion, retail, consumer, higher education, broadcast and print and online media. Currently Communications and Media Relations Manager at London College of Fashion, UAL, Lynsey has worked with international brands such as BskyB, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Daily Mirror and T-Mobile. Lynsey’s main areas of focus include creating varied and engaging content for multiple stakeholders, competitor and marketing understanding and campaign impact analysis. In addition Lynsey hosts workshops and lectures helping start up designers create digital brand presence.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
- Accounts with several social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- A good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).