Fashion Marketing and PR (Online Short Course)
This course is perfect for beginners looking to quickly gain insight into both Fashion Marketing and Fashion PR. It’s vital for fashion brands to build brand awareness and drive sales, and this course will teach you how Fashion Marketing and Fashion PR are used to achieve both of these aims, as well as equipping you with the industry techniques in both the digital and traditional spheres to drive sales and build awareness for a Fashion Brand...
Taught by: Sue Seel.
This course is perfect for beginners looking to quickly gain insight into both Fashion Marketing and Fashion PR. It’s vital for fashion brands to build brand awareness and drive sales, and this course will teach you how Fashion Marketing and Fashion PR are used to achieve both of these aims, as well as equipping you with the industry techniques in both the digital and traditional spheres to drive sales and build awareness for a Fashion Brand.
The course includes:
- Analysing and researching the fashion market
- Identifying fashion segments and target markets
- The fashion product
- The power of a fashion image
- Exploring the digital landscape and media
- How PR works with marketing and advertising
- Creating a press pack
By the end of the course you will;
- Understand the difference between Fashion PR and Fashion marketing
- Understand why both are crucial to a successful fashion business
- Learned how to identify and target audience and how to tailor content to them
- Developed an understanding of how to build brand recognition and favorability
- Practiced a range of techniques to drive sales for a Fashion Brand
- Be able to apply what you have learnt to your role as a Fashion Marketer, or to promote your own label.
Why choose an LCF online learning short course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. You will participate in the live classes each week and you will undertake weekly assignments to be completed in your own time.
Please make sure you are available to participate in the live online chat sessions which are run to UK time.
All online learning courses include weekly chat sessions with your tutor and other students on the course, which are conducted through an interactive seminar (called Blackboard Collaborate). The chat sessions will include text and voice/video chat, as well as an opportunity to 'share' your tutor's desktop so that s/he can navigate you through websites, powerpoint presentations and other work. These sessions are essential to attend each week, so please check the times of the course when you book and take into account any local time differences.
You may also be required to undertake weekly assignments between sessions. These will be housed on our Workflow website, along with additional resources and discussion forums which can be used to interact with fellow students in between classes. You may be expected to dedicate between one - two hours a week to these self-study projects. A full technical specification is listed in 'Materials'.
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Please book as early as possible. This will allow us enough time to provide you with login for the online short course learning software.
When making your booking do not tick the 'If you DO NOT hold a UK/EU/EEA passport click here' box as this is only relevant for classroom courses. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us, please ignore this email, as it does not apply to you.
If no dates are available for this course please Make an enquiry using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).