The standard entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- An Honours degree at 2.1 or above in a related discipline. Applicants with a degree in another subject may be considered, depending on the strength of the application;
- OR equivalent qualifications.
APEL (Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning)
Applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered in exceptional cases. The course team will consider each application that demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by:
- Related academic or work experience (minimum of three years)
- The quality of the personal statement
- A strong academic or other professional reference
- OR a combination of these factors
Each application will be considered on its own merit but we cannot guarantee an offer in each case.
English Language Requirements
IELTS level 7.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in reading, writing, listening and speaking. Please check our main English Language Requirements .
Extra information required for applications to this course
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
You will be required to submit a CV in support of your application. This should include your full education and employment history.
Study proposal for Masters Project
The proposal should include the following:
* A title
* Rationale (reason for interest in topic)
* Overall aim of research
* A brief outline of methodology
Your study proposal should be a maximum of 600 words +/-10% (excluding research sources, bibliography and appendices).
Addressing two questions (max 500 words), a statement will be required addressing two questions set by the Course team. Please write no more than 500 words:
* Why do you want to study for a MA in Strategic Fashion Marketing and what do you specifically want to learn on the course?
* What are your main area/s of research interest and how do they fit into the structure of the course?
Please enter your motivational statement in the ‘Personal Statement’ section of the application form.
There is no requirement to submit a portfolio for this course. However, if you wish to include a portfolio or other evidence to support your application, a digital portfolio can be submitted.
You may include a URL link to your portfolio within your CV or Motivational Statement.
The course seeks to recruit students from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, and welcomes applications from mature students.
The course team seeks to recruit students who can demonstrate:
- A strong commitment and motivation towards a career in an aspect of fashion business or fashion marketing.
- Awareness and relevant experience of fashion.
- Appropriate knowledge and skills commensurate with planned entry into the course.
How we assess your application
If you have achieved or expect to achieve the standard entry requirements, then your application will be reviewed by the course team who will select applicants to attend an interview. Interviews may be conducted in person, via telephone or via Skype. Please note that not all applicants are invited to attend interview. When you have attended your interview we will advise you of your outcome through your UAL portal.