There are two ways international students can apply to a postgraduate course at LCF:
For further advice on how to apply please visit the UAL International Application page.
Deferring your place
This course accepts requests from offer holders to defer their place for one academic year. Deferral requests are granted on a first-come, first-served basis until all deferral places are filled, or a deadline has been reached, whichever is sooner. Read our Admissions Policy for details, including how to request a deferral and by when.
External Student Transfer Policy
If you are currently studying at another institution and if you have successfully completed 60 credits in the equivalent units/modules on your current PG course and wish to continue your studies at London College of Fashion, you can apply to transfer. The Admissions Tutor will consider applications on a case by case basis, subject to places being available. You must apply directly to the course via the course webpage as early as possible.
Please check our Student Transfer Policy for more important information and be ready to provide us with your current course handbook and transcripts.
Please be ready to provide an official document (translated into English if necessary) from your current university, explaining the learning outcomes of the units you have completed.
Extra information required for applications to this course
Your application form must be supported by the following 4 documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae
A full CV to include your full education and employment history.
2. Masters Project proposal
You should outline a proposal for a research topic you would be interested in completing as your Masters Project. Your proposal should include the following:
- A title
- Rationale (reason for interest in topic)
- A brief outline of methodology
- References / bibliography
Your proposal should be a maximum of 500 words +/-10% (excluding references/bibliography).
3. Personal statement
You should communicate your motivation for studying this course in no more than 500 words. You should use the following questions as a guide:
- Why do you want to study for this MA?
- What are your main areas of research interest and how do they fit with the structure of this course?
We’d like you to submit a 2-3 minute video to help us understand a bit more about you. Within your video:
- Introduce yourself and your education background Reflect on your work experience background and the key skills you gained.
- Share your motivation for the course by covering: Why do you want to study MA Strategic Fashion Marketing? What are your main areas of interest in marketing and how do they fit with the structure of the course? How will this course help you achieve your career goals?
- Please introduce the topic of your masters project proposal, and why you have chosen this subject. This will complement the written Project proposal you will be providing as part of your application. Focus on the innovative angle of your theme and why it is relevant for Strategic Fashion Marketing at this moment in time.
- In summary, provide 3 compelling reasons why you should be considered for the course
- Within this short video you must be visible, speak clearly in English and look toward the camera. Ensure you record yourself alone, and the audio is clear. You may use a mobile phone or laptop to record your video.
- Submit your video as part of your online application via PebblePad.
- Read about PebblePad file uploads and limits. If you have declared a learning difference or a disability in your application you may submit an audio or written file if this task is not accessible to you.
There is no requirement to submit a portfolio for this course. However, if you wish to include a portfolio or other evidence to support your application, a digital portfolio may be submitted by providing a URL at the end of your Personal Statement.
What happens next
Immigration History Check
After you have applied, you will need to complete an Immigration History Check to identify whether you are eligible to study at UAL. Do be aware, if you do not complete the Immigration History Check we will not be able to proceed with your application.
Initial application check
All application forms, personal statements and relevant documents are read and considered by the course team against the selection criteria listed in the Entry requirements and Selection Criteria sections. The course team will select applicants to attend an interview. If you are selected for interview, these will take place online using Teams from Microsoft – please ensure that you download this software prior to the interview date; this is available as a free download from the Microsoft website. We will send you further details at a later point about how we will connect with you for your interview.
If you are successful at the interview stage you will be offered a place. Please note that applicants are not guaranteed an interview.
Please note that if you are unable to attend, the College may not be able to re-schedule.
How we notify you of the outcome of your application
The result of your application will be communicated to you through your UAL Portal. If your application has been successful, you will receive a full offer pack including details of accommodation, fees, and other important information.