Postgraduate Progression Discount
You may be eligible for a 20% discount on your tuition fees when starting or continuing on a postgraduate course in the 2023/24 academic year.
To be eligible you must meet both of these criteria:
- Start or continue to attend a taught or research postgraduate course at UAL in the 2023/24 academic year. This could be a Masters, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Graduate Diploma course, or a research degree programme (PhD or MPhil).
- Have Home or International fee status.
You must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed a 2-Year Foundation Degree (FdA), BA, BSc, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters or Masters course at UAL, or a UAL Study Abroad programme.
- Have successfully completed a UAL-validated degree course at another institution.
The Postgraduate Progression Discount can only be used towards the costs of Postgraduate courses at UAL and cannot be used for the following courses:
- Teaching and Learning Exchange (TLE) courses
- UAL short courses
- A 4-year Integrated Master’s course. This is treated as undergraduate-level and so it is not possible to use the Postgraduate Progression Discount to pay for this course.
1.From September 2023 an eligible student enrolled on any postgraduate course (not just a Master’s course) will be entitled to the discount (subject to the exclusions above). This could include a Masters, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Graduate Diploma course, or a research degree programme (PhD or MPhil).
2.Eligible full-time research students will be entitled to the discount for their first 3 years of study, and eligible part-time research students will be entitled to the discount for their first 6 years of study. The scheme covers tuition fees only and the research student writing-up fee is not covered by the discount.
3.Students on taught postgraduate courses (including MA and MRes courses) lasting more than 1 year will be entitled to the discount for every year of their course.
4.Students on flexible learning versions of Masters-level courses (such as MA Arts and Cultural Enterprise at CSM) are also entitled to the progression discount.
5.There is currently no limit on the period of time which may have elapsed since the previous UAL study. However, students may be asked to provide evidence of their prior study if this took place before 2009.
6.Where an eligible student is paying their tuition fee in instalments, the discount will be deducted from the overall tuition fee and the instalments will be based on the remaining fee due.