UAL Travel Bursary
If you are eligible, all tickets for travel will be booked on your behalf using the details you provide via the apply form.
To be eligible for a UAL Travel Bursary you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applied to study a further education (pre-degree) or undergraduate course at UAL for the academic year of 2022/23; and
- Have been invited to attend at least one of the following UAL events:
- accommodation open day
- applicant day
- college campus tour
- on site interview associated with your further education (pre-degree) or undergraduate course application to UAL
- offer-holder day
- open day; and
- Be a UK resident.*
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria.
- Live in an area where participation in higher education is low, (POLAR4, Quintiles 1 or 2). There’s no need for you to find out whether or not you meet this criteria. If you meet this criteria we’ve already sent you an email inviting you to apply for this bursary.
- A young carer.
- Estranged from your family.
- A care leaver.
- Aged 19 or over and aren’t in receipt of the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) adult education budget (AEB) for a Level 3 qualification. Note that this criteria only applies to applicants who’ve applied for a UAL further education (pre-degree) course.
- The first in your immediate family to attend University in the UK or abroad, or to achieve a higher education qualification such as a degree, diploma or certificate of higher education. By immediate family we mean your parents, step-parents or guardians.
- A participant of our UAL Insights programmes.
- A refugee, asylum seeker or have been granted humanitarian protection.
- Meet the criteria for our Contextual Admissions.
- Have at least one condition, disability or learning difficulty which is in one or more of the following categories:
- a social/communication impairment such as Asperger's syndrome/other autistic spectrum disorder
- blindness or a serious visual impairment uncorrected by glasses
- deafness or a serious hearing impairment
- a long-standing illness or health condition such as cancer, HIV, diabetes, chronic heart disease, or epilepsy
- a mental health condition, such as depression, schizophrenia or anxiety disorder
- a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or AD(H)D
- a physical impairment or mobility issue(s), such as difficulty using your arms or using a wheelchair or crutches
- a disability, impairment or medical condition that is not listed above.
Important information: Where you choose to self-declare your eligibility, we may ask you to provide supporting evidence to confirm your eligible status when we come to review your UAL Travel Bursary application.
Please note: we cannot offer reimbursement for travel tickets which have already been booked.
Do not book your own tickets before applying to the scheme. We will book travel on your behalf using the details you provide via the apply form. We are not able to reimburse travel that has already been booked.
If you’ve made a further education (pre-degree) or undergraduate course application for the academic year of 2022/23 you will be contacted by email with an invitation to apply for a UAL Travel Bursary should you meet the eligibility criteria.
If you submit a UAL Travel Bursary application form, we will contact you by email within 72 working hours to let you know if your funding application has been successful. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm.
Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to beginning your application. Please note: this bursary is not for current UAL students travelling to campus.
Before you get started, make sure you’ve got the following information to hand, as you’re unable to save your application form once you start.
- Travel details including: your outward and return journey destinations and travel times.
- Railcard (if applicable).
- Your UCAS Personal ID number/UAL Applicant ID number. If you’ve applied to an undergraduate course at UAL you’ll have a UCAS number. Alternatively, if you’ve applied to a further education (pre-degree) course at UAL you’ll have an Applicant ID number.
If you need help, please contact email@example.com
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Use our Scholarships Search to find out what you might be eligible for.