We have a limited number of places available on some undergraduate courses starting this autumn.
If you haven’t secured a place, if you’ve changed your mind or perhaps you’ve not received the results you were hoping for, Clearing is an opportunity to find the right course for you.
This guide provides tips on how to apply through UCAS to join UAL this autumn, including information on the Clearing and Adjustment process.
If you’re an international student, you should make a direct application to UAL. Find a course with places available for international students and scroll to ‘How to apply’. We recommend applying early to give yourself enough time to book your English language test if necessary and organise your Student Visa.
Our application process is not currently affected by the Covid-19 outbreak. However, UAL is following the latest advice from the Public Health England (PHE), the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the World Health Organisation (WHO). As the situation develops, we will continue to update our web pages, so we recommend that you check our website regularly for the latest advice and guidance.
Register your interest to receive updates about applying and studying at UAL.
Applying through Clearing
Step 1. Choose your course
Step 3. On results day
- If you’ve already completed a self-apply form and received a provisional offer, your offer will be confirmed on results day.
- If you haven't self-applied in advance, you'll need to call our Clearing hotline on results day to apply. Check back here on our website nearer the time for more information.
Step 4. Update UCAS Track
- If your application is successful and you’re offered a place, you’ll need to add your course choice onto UCAS Track. We’ll let you know when to do this.
- If you haven’t already made a UCAS application this year, you’ll need to register your details and make an application on the UCAS website.
- Once your offer has been confirmed through UCAS, you’ll receive information by email about enrolment and starting your course.
Step 5. Update your funding
- If you have applied for funding from Student Finance England, Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI) or Student Finance Wales (SFW), you will need to inform them as soon as possible about your change of university and/or course via your online account.
- If you have not yet applied for any funding, and you plan to do this, you should do so immediately.
Changing your mind
- If you have an offer at another university but want to study at UAL, you should first contact the institution your offer is with.
- If you have a place at UAL but want to change course, it might be possible to swap to a course that is open for Clearing applications.
- If you've met and exceeded the conditions of your firm offer, you may be able to find an alternative course through Adjustment. UAL considers applicants through Adjustment for any of our courses that are in Clearing.