We’re pleased to announce that this summer's Graduation Ceremonies will take place between 25 July and 28 July at the Royal Festival Hall, don’t forget to add them to your diary.
Registration for graduation will close on Friday 2 June. After this date, registrations can only be accepted exceptionally and if there is space available, and by payment of the £90 late fee.
After 2 June it will no longer be possible to make amendments to ticket orders including refunds for previously booked tickets. If you have any queries regarding your registration or tickets therefore, please email email@example.com before this deadline and include your student ID so we can respond to your query.
The Ceremonies take place at London's Royal Festival Hall on the Southbank.
Dates and times
Tuesday 25 July 2017
- Chelsea College of Arts 11.30am
- Camberwell College of Arts 3.00pm
- Wimbledon College of Arts 3.00pm
Wednesday 26 July 2017
London College of Fashion:
- Fashion Business School 10.00am
- School of Media and Communication 1.00pm
- School of Design and Technology 3.30pm
- Teaching and Learning Exchange 3.30pm
Thursday 27 July 2017
Central Saint Martins:
- Art; Culture and Enterprise; Graphic Communication Design and Drama and Performance programmes 11.00am
- Fashion; Textile and Jewellery Design; Ceramic, Industrial and Product Design; Spatial Design programmes 3.00pm
Friday 28 July 2017
London College of Communication:
- School of Design; Screen School 11.00am
- School of Media 3.00pm
Download our Graduating Courses (PDF 45KB) for a breakdown of which courses have been invited to attend one of the nine UAL Graduation Ceremonies.
Graduation ceremonies will be live streamed. Following the ceremonies you can purchase your graduation DVD.
Early Bird Prize Draw
If you register between Monday 6 March and Friday 31 March your name will be entered into a prize draw.
We are offering 3 prizes for each Ceremony:
- a private box at Royal Festival Hall
- a standard graduation photography pack
- academic robe hire.
The winners will be contacted no later than Monday 10 April
Friday 5 May 2017 - Registration deadline
You need to register for your awards ceremony by this date.
Registrations received after this date will be subject to a £60 late fee on top of any ticket purchases.
Friday 2nd June 2017 - Final registration deadline
Registrations received after this date will be subject to a £90 late fee on top of any ticket purchases.
We may not be able to accept your registration after this date.
If you're unable to attend, complete the registration form so we don't send you registration reminders and you can also update your certificate details.
- Tickets for graduating students are free providing you register by Friday 5 May 2017.
- Tickets for family and guests cost £28 each.
- If you buy the maximum number of guest tickets you can then apply for extra tickets. The cost of extra tickets is £30.
- Extra tickets are not guaranteed and are allocated on a first-come, first serve basis.
- We do not advise making travel plans for guests until you know if you have been allocated these tickets.
- If you wish to change your ticket allocation, you can still do so up until Friday 2nd June afterwhich no changes to ticket allocations can be made. Please complete the graduation online form to do so.
Confirming your tickets
- We will email you to confirm your final ticket allocation to the email address you provide when you register.
- Further instructions and your ticket allocation will be emailed one week before the ceremony and this will include any extra tickets that can be provided.
- If you have been allocated extra tickets, you need to pay for them on the day of the ceremony.
- All tickets are collected on the day of your ceremony – none are posted out prior to the events.
- If you buy tickets and don't succesfully complete your qualification we'll refund the cost.
- We'll refund you from August 2017 onwards.
- You don’t need to contact us as we will know this is the case as we know which students will require an automatic refund.
- After Friday 2 June 2017 we will not refund purchased guest tickets if you change your mind or decide not to attend.
- Children two years old or above must have their own seat and their own ticket.
- Please let us know when you register if you or your guests are bringing children so that we can allocate you seats nearer to the exits.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Buggies and prams should be stored in the cloakroom (level 1) as they cannot be brought into the hall.
Let us know if you or your guests have any special requirements. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. If you need to update us please complete the contact us form.
Hire your gown
- The academic gown hire deadline is 30 June 2017.
- by confirming your attendance you agree to wear the official UAL academic dress which is made up of a robe, hood and hat. The colour and style of these items is dependent on your qualification
- Gowns are available through Ede & Ravenscroft Graduation Services.
- When hiring your gown search for University of the Arts London rather than the name of your college e.g. CSM etc.
- UAL reserves the right to refuse admission to the Graduation ceremony to any student not wearing the official UAL academic dress supplied by Ede and Ravenscroft
On the day
When to arrive
- We advise you arrive 90 minutes before the scheduled start time so you'll have sufficent time to collect tickets, robes and take your photos.
- Guests are not allowed to wait in the registration robing areas to avoid congestion.
- The auditorum opens one hour before the ceremony and graduates and guest should take their seats no later than 30 minutes before the ceremony start.
Photography and DVD services
- Official photographers will be on site all day.
- You can buy photo frames from the photography stall on the Ground Floor.
- A DVD recording of the Ceremony can be ordered at a stand located inside the building.
- Video recording is strictly prohibited.
- After your ceremony you and your guests are invited to light refreshments at a reception.
Information for staff
How to book your robe
All robes must be booked by 30 June. All staff (except Professors/ PVC’s) including Deans and admin staff must book their robes by following the instructions below:
If you have been to a ceremony before:
Click on the link http://www.enet.uk.net
- Enter your email address
- Click reset your password. You will be sent an email to reset this and you can choose a password yourself.
- Click on the UAL logo
- Indicate which ceremony you are coming to and agree that the details held on the Ede and Ravenscroft website are correct.
It should take less than five minutes to complete.
If you haven’t attended before:
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your name
- College and School (eg Wimbledon; Fashion: School of Management and Science)
- contact telephone number
- your height
- your hat size
- last institution attended (eg University of Brighton;)
- faculty (eg Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Science; Education)
- degree obtained e.g. BA
- year achieved
- ceremony you will be attending – don’t forget to tell us this!
The Awards Team will only book your robe if you are a new attendee. All other staff must follow the above instructions. If you fail to book your robe by 30 June, a plain black robe only will be available on the day.
Collecting your robe
- You can collect your robe from ‘The 3rd Floor Function room’ which is located on the ‘Blue’ side of the building on Level 3.
On the day
- Once you have booked your robe, you will be sent an email from Ede and Ravenscroft to give you your booking reference.
- You need to arrive at least an hour before your ceremony.
- Once you have your gown please make your way up the stairs to Level 4. You will then join the academic processions.
- The ceremonies last between one and a half and two hours. They begin with speeches and Honorary Awards followed by the student awards.
- Finally, staff and students who have been awarded prizes will be acknowledged. The student speaker will make a short speech recognising their time at UAL.
After the ceremony, you are welcome to join graduates and their guests in the reception areas where light refreshments will be served. All robes should be returned to the Sunley Pavilion before you leave the Southbank Centre.