Wifi and Eduroam
Find out how to connect to WiFi and University Network on campus:
- University Network (staff and students only)
- UAL-WiFi (on campus only)
- The Cloud (WiFi for short courses and visitors)
- Eduroam (WiFi for visitors from institutions connected to Eduroam)
Connect to the University Network via ethernet cable (for UAL devices only) or UAL-WiFi. Ethernet cables are available in most UAL computer area. Find computer facilities.
Common services that use the University network to connect or communicate include:
- Internet access
- File sharing
- Application sharing
- Hardware sharing
- select 'UAL-Wifi' from network preferences
- enter your UAL username and password
Please be aware that there may be some WiFi blindspots around each campus.
Need help connecting?
See our step-by-step guides:
- Connect to UAL WiFI on Windows PC
- Connect to UAL WiFI on Mac
- Connect to UAL WiFI on iPhone and iPad
- Connect to UAL WiFI on Android phone
- Connect to WiFi on Windows phone
Top-tip: Top-tip: Check your using your current password to connect to WiFi on your device. Your device may have auto-saved an old password.
UAL Internet of Things
UAL-IoT (Internet of Things) may be available to use if your smart device is unable to connect to UAL-WiFi.
Read the UAL-IoT Disclaimer to check your device meets the criteria of use.
To log a request for UAL-IoT visit MyIT (on campus only).
Short course students and visitors can connect via The Cloud. Search for “_The Cloud” in the WiFi settings on your mobile device.
If you don’t already have a Cloud account, open a browser on your device and complete the form.
Visiting UAL from another educational institution? Connect to Eduroam WiFi using your home institution credentials. See institutions with eduroam.
Please check with your home institution for set-up instructions and support.
Eduroam for UAL students
- Connect to Eduroam for WiFi at other educational institutions