Creating a sketchbook is a chance for you to unlock your creative mind. This course will help you to create a complete fashion sketchbook using a highly creative approach. It will show you lots of techniques to unlock your most creative ideas and to challenge yourself on a journey to designing a capsule collection...
Taught by: Bella Towse.
Creating a sketchbook is a chance for you to unlock your creative mind. This course will help you to create a complete fashion sketchbook using a highly creative approach. It will show you lots of techniques to unlock your most creative ideas and to challenge yourself on a journey to designing a capsule collection. It will help you source, research and develop your fashion ideas whilst being fun and exhilarating.
- A host of different techniques and media will be demonstrated each day.
- We will explore different types of drawing skills and approaches to designing.
- You will collect, record and process inspiration, try out ideas, explore success as well as failure by experimenting and taking risks.
- You will learn the basics of anatomy drawing so you can fully express your fashion ideas on the page quickly and spontaneously.
- We will consider silhouette, textiles, print, draping, pattern cutting and illustration techniques.
By the end of the course you should have a big fat sketchbook filled with ideas, the beginnings of a portfolio and new confidence to feed your imagination.
Who should take this course?
People who are looking to apply for further studies, those who wish to enhance their portfolio, or those who are simply hungry to unlock their creativity.
Entry requirement: Basic understanding of spoken English is needed.
Level: All levels, from beginners to more experienced students.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Bella Towse is a creative strategist at graphic design agency Bulletproof and is a freelance Illustrator & Designer. Her illustration clients include Taylor Swift, Elizabeth Arden, Jamie Oliver and Crabtree & Evelyn. In a fashion capacity she has worked for prestigious designers Alexander McQueen, Paul Smith and the portrait/fashion photographer Platon. She studied BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing at Central Saint Martins where she had the opportunity to work under the infamous Head of MA Fashion Design, Prof. Louise Wilson, Will Broome, Illustrator for Marc Jacobs and Heather Sproat, Designer at Louis Vuitton. You can view Bella's website at http://bellatowse.com
For the first day:
- 1 x putty rubber or ordinary rubber
- 2 x A3 sketchbook (Hardback)
- 1 x roll of masking tape
- 1 x B6 graphite pencil
- 1 x progresso¹ graphite stick
From the second session onwards:
- Daler & Rowney Acrylic paint starter set (6 tubes of 22ml)
- Conte a Paris (12 sticks of colour) sq. conte chalk
- prit stick
- small can of fixative
- plastic water pot
- plastic bag
- plastic paint mixing palette
- household paint brush (cheap)
- square end brush
- number 6 or 7 paintbrush
- small pot of P.V.A. glue
- stapler (not essential if you don¹t have one)
- sewing kit (of basic thread, pins and needle)
- A4 or A3 Tracing Paper Pad
Stabilo pencils (aqua type & thick body):
- 1 Yellow no.200 (or any light colour)
- 1 Red/Scarlet no. 370 (or any medium colour)
- 1 Jade no.470 (or any medium colour)
- 1 Blue no.425 (or any dark colour)
(If you can¹t find these don¹t worry; just buy similar colours in oil pastels)
Material provided by us: We will provide a few fabric swatches for students to sample.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.