Although the physical library is currently closed, the library staff are still here to help and guide you. Did you know you can access a significant number of online resources from home? The LCF library team have put together some useful tips.
- Use the Library Ask service to see our FAQs about Library Services or to contact us with a question.
- Contact the LCF Academic Support Librarians for subject-specific one-to-one support - they will be happy to help.
- You can access a wide range of online library resources from home – these include e-books, e-journals, databases and image databases. E.g.WGSN, KOSMET, Vogue Archive, Bloomsbury Fashion Central.
- Publishers have given access to additional free content while universities are closed, so please have a look through to see if there is anything useful to you. E.g. This includes Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive, Harvard Business Review e-book collection, EBSCo academic e-books.
- Consult the online library subject guides if you want to know what resources are available within your area of study - including key online resources. There are also themed guides available, including referencing, trend forecasting and finding images.
Online streaming services
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB) - is the largest shared online off-air television and radio recording service for education and research in the world. You can watch and record television and radio programmes from over 60 Freeview channels. Until the end of July only, you can access BoB from other EU countries
- Kanopy an online media streaming service is also available off campus.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) - you can access over 13000 free, high quality video-based courses supporting creative practice, business skills and technologies, plus much more.
- The Materials Coordinator is available to provide support online via email or Microsoft teams from 1pm-4.30pm Monday – Friday.
- If you would like some assistance or wish to schedule a 1-to-1 materials advice session, you can email them directly.
- The Materials subject guide includes sections on key resources, recommended viewing and listening, sustainability online learning
Keeping in touch
We like to keep in the know, so feel free to contact us!
- The UAL library webpages
- Twitter @LCF_Library and @UAL_Libraries
- Stories on the UAL website.
- The library section of your course Moodle