We provide support for your career, freelancer and business start-up ambitions.
Studying at LCF gives you access to all the latest services and resources from the Graduate Futures team. Whether you want to start your own business, freelance or start your career in an organisation, the aim of Graduate Futures is to provide current students and alumni with focused careers and enterprise advice.
We provide a safe place to encourage you to be comfortable with risk, ambiguity and experimentation to enable you to innovate, create and achieve. Graduate Futures supports the whole of your journey with us and beyond, and we're recognised for this; for example a 2019 study conducted by Hitachi Capital Invoice Finance involving more than 9.5 million former students ranked UAL number one UK university for producing business leaders.
Graduate Futures offers:
- Placements: Access our support for finding exciting industry placement opportunities as part of an accredited course.
- Personalised 1:1 Support: Attend specialist coaching sessions, designed to support you on your career journey and to grow your entrepreneurial practice.
- Skills Workshops: Take part in our suite of tailored, practical and interactive workshops to help develop your personal and professional skills. For example, Business Modelling, Interview techniques, Finance, Storytelling, Negotiation and much more.
- Online learning: Develop your industry knowledge with our extensive range of pod casts, webinars, learning guides and online modules.
- Industry Collaborations: Gain access to a wide network of industry specialists, through our dedicated support and events.
- Community and Networks: Don’t miss our range of boot camps, topical networking debates, Hackathons, mock assessment centres and activities with other universities and organisations.
- Projects and Competitions: Enter live industry led projects and entrepreneurial competitions. Once a year, we run the LCF Enterprise Competition where students can pitch an innovative idea that can make a real difference to a community or consumer. Winning teams receive cash prizes and support to take the idea to the next level.
LCF Virtual Graduate Fair
This virtual space has been specifically designed for recent graduates and our Class of 2020, to engage with their professional development at this challenging period of time.
This online conference space will provide students with the opportunity to network with industry across the globe, attend webinars and receive valuable industry insights whilst navigating the current economic climate. Learn how to kick-start your career and get advice directly from LCF alumni, innovative companies and fashion brands. Companies attending the conference include: Zalando, H&M, Nike, Bright Network, Urban and many more!
Date: 25 June 2020
Time: 8am - 5.30pm
LCF students, staff and alumni can register to join the LCF Graduate Fair. However, 2 of our webinars will be available to the public:
Working with Industry
Graduate Futures at London College of Fashion includes our careers and placements service, our student enterprise support, and now alumni business support through Centre for Fashion Enterprise. CFE has helped over 750 fashion businesses, including Molly Goddard, Charles Jeffrey, Craig Green, Wales Bonner, Mary Katrantzou and Erdem.
We've been working with industry partners to bring career benefits to our students; for example many of our course units contain live industry briefs, all of our undergraduate courses have a placement opportunity, we run the annual Student Enterprise Challenge where student business ideas win significant funding, we've provided free graduate studio spaces in Carnaby Street plus at our new Poplar Works partnership - keep an eye on LCF Stories to hear more.
LCF Venture Crawl
LCF Careers Fair
Student and graduate jobs board
If you study at LCF you get access to Careers Live, a fashion focused job board managed by Graduate Futures. The site advertises jobs and placements exclusively to LCF students and alumni.
LCF Careers Live allows industry employers to create a profile and advertise opportunities in only five minutes. These can include jobs, internships, placements, short-term work experience and freelance opportunities. Students and graduates can sign up for an account with their current or former LCF Student ID.
- Sign up to Careers Live
- As an alum you will continue to have access to the Graduate Futures service.
- Find out about our alumni community at LCF.
Graduate Futures news
Life of Alumni: Emilie Hill launches new student internship advice portal
BA Fashion Journalism graduate, Emilie Hill, l launches new student internship advice portal, drawing from her experiences working with The Telegraph. her platform, That Intern, offers support to help students develop their professional skills and
Life of Alumni: Heather Portbury’s insights on working at WRAP during Covid-19
MSc Strategic Fashion Management alumna Heather Portbury talks about her career journey and working at WRAP during Covid-19.