Your LCF Freshers guide to well-being
Navigating a new city, being away from friends and family, adjusting to the pace of university and juggling finances is a daunting experience. It is important that you know there is help and support available and you must never struggle alone. Here is our LCF Freshers Guide to well-being.
- Everyone feels homesick. It is completely normal
- Your tutors, class reps, and advisors are here to help
- There are over 20,000 students at UAL. You will definitely meet like minded people
- Register with your doctor
- Join the Arts Student Union – make friends, attend events and get discounts in loads of places
- Get involved. By saying yes to invitations and opportunities you can keep yourself busy, meet people and gain experience
- Exercise. Cycling, boxing, yoga and running are just some of the ways to clear your head and get your heart rate going. There are loads of free classes across London or join Better Gyms, they offer student membership to over 200 locations.
- To your friends or hall mates. They may be going through the same things.
- Contact your tutor. They can offer advice and extenuating circumstances where possible.
- Student services offer advice, support and counselling in all manner of areas. Urgent appointments are available by calling 020 7514 6251.
- An NUS card, it will get you discounts in over 170 places
- A Young Person’s Rail card and a Student Oyster Card
- Some apps. Dojo, O2 priorities and others offer lots of discounts
- A budget planner. This can help reduce monthly stresses
Please remember self care is a vital part of your university experience. Look after yourself and your friends. Never struggle alone.