Animation and Games Design
The Animation and Games Design department houses a dedicated drawn animation studio with light boxes and also includes:
- Dedicated rostrum camera room with multiple stations for capturing hand-drawn animation using DragonFrame
- A multi-pane setup for shooting stylized layered drawn or cutout animation
- Bespoke Games computing labs with Game Design Software using Unity, Flash, Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, 3dsMax, Cinema 4D, Arduino
- Bespoke Animation computing labs with TV Paint, Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, 3dsMax, Cinema 4D
- Blackout stop-motion studio filming facility with animation bases with DragonFrame and DMX lighting
- A 16mm Steenbeck to create and edit film or scratch film on 16mm film stock
Please note: Resources may require inductions before allowing access and are prioritised for certain courses.
The Digital Space is an open-plan, creative IT hub with 80 computers set up with specialist software for specific subject areas.
The facilities in this area include The Kit Room, Design Block Photography, Black Box Project Space, AV and Live Events.
This workshop offers a wide-range of expertise in everything from etching to lithography.