QEOP Pod: My London Legacy - Welcome to East Bank
- Written byLondon College of Fashion
- Published date 12 December 2022
The London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics showcased the best of sporting achievement from around the world, but the Games, with their opening and closing ceremonies, and the Cultural Olympiad were always much more than that. And ten years on and the best of the art, music, dance, and fashion are about to return in style to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
East Bank is one of the world’s largest and most ambitious culture and education districts. The ambition of the project is recognised in the name – East Bank – which will complement London's other major arts centres, such as the South Bank.
This latest episode of My London Legacy podcast focuses on four of the world's leading organisations that are moving to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and creating a cluster of commerce, technology, manufacture, retail, education, and the creative arts - UAL’s London College of Fashion, the BBC, Sadler’s Wells and the V&A.
In this episode, hear from:
- Tamsin Ace, Head of Cultural Programming, LCF
- Alan Davey, Controller of Radio 3, BBC Proms, and BBC Orchestras and Choirs
- Britannia Morton, Executive Director at Sadler's Wells
- Dr. Gus Casey-Hayford OBE, Director of V&A East