Our agenda includes:
- Social responsibility
- Conscientious learning
We do this by...
- Working with brands on projects to improve sustainability processes.
- Embedding social responsibility, diversity and sustainability into the curriculum of our undergraduate courses.
- Working with women in prison to aid their rehabilitative journeys, by giving them professional skills and qualifications in fashion and textiles, and supporting them on release.
- Engaging groups and individuals in our local communities in participatory art and fashion education projects.
- By working with young people in partner schools and FE colleges in Greater London, whose parent(s) or guardians do not have a university degree. We support students to apply and progress on to our courses or other courses within the University.
How to get involved with Better Lives
As current and future students
If you study at LCF at undergraduate level, you’ll get to learn about sustainability, diversity and social responsibility in a curriculum unit in your first year. There are also plenty of other opportunities to get involved with Better Lives projects across all levels of study. View our course pages to discover more
As a brand
If you’re a brand looking to extend your work across social responsibility or sustainability get in touch.
As a potential partner
We work with schools, community groups, our forthcoming neighbours at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and anyone who has a project that fits with our Better Lives ethos.
As a corporate sponsor
Every penny of funding given to LCF goes to student scholarships, bursaries and awards, or to our Better Lives projects. Support the next generation of creative talent.