Our agenda includes:
- Social responsibility
- Conscientious learning
How we do this:
- Working with brands on projects to improve sustainability processes.
- Embedding social responsibility, diversity and sustainability into the curriculum of our undergraduate courses.
- Working with women in prison to aid their rehabilitative journeys, by giving them professional skills and qualifications in fashion and textiles, and supporting them on release. Find out more on our Making for Change page.
- Engaging groups and individuals in our local communities. Find out more about our participatory art and fashion education projects.
- Working with young people in partner schools and FE colleges in Greater London, whose parent(s) or guardians do not have a university degree. We support students in applying and progressing on to our courses, or other courses within UAL.
LCF Sustainable Fashion Style Guide
Sustainable fashion and the red carpet, a 2020 collaboration between LCF and BAFTA, promoting sustainability on the red carpet and throughout the fashion industry.
This awards season BAFTA are doing more than ever before to consider sustainability across its awards ceremonies, including inviting guests to ‘dress sustainably’. To help navigate some of the issues around fashion and sustainability London College of Fashion, UAL are supporting BAFTA with more information on how you can dress sustainably.
Download the Sustainable Fashion Style Guide (PDF File 1.44MB) to help make different fashion choices and become a voice for change.
Better Lives projects
The Kering Award for Sustainable Fashion 2019
The winners for the Kering Award for Sustainable Fashion 2019 were announced at the Kering London HQ last week. In total four LCF students were awards prizes from Gucci.
Green Gown Awards 2019: LCF receive 2 Highly Commended Awards
LCF are awarded two Highly Commended awards for Benefitting Society and Next Generation Learning and Skills at Green Gown Awards 2019
Kering Award 2018 winners announced
The winners for the Kering Award for Sustainable Fashion 2018 were announced at the Kering London HQ last week. In total five LCF students were awards prizes from Alexander McQueen […]