There are 2 ways international students can apply to a postgraduate course:
Read our immigration and visa information to find out if you need a visa to study at UAL.
You can only apply to the same course once per year. Any duplicate applications will be withdrawn. Read the UAL international application advice for further information on how to apply.
This should be about 500 words long and include:
- Your reasons for choosing the course, specifically what attracts you to the research themes which the course offers.
- Your current creative practice and your goals to develop this during the MA and beyond.
- Any relevant education and experience if formal academic qualifications are not included in this application.
- A maximum of 30 pages showing a range of project topics or contexts of work.
- Evidence of exploration and research processes with written notes explaining the direction taken and feedback from peers.
- Prototypes, material testing, technique choices; the development of your studio knowledge.
- Selective supporting art and design references used for the projects showing your personal vision and passion for the subject.
- Final project outcomes commenting on your new learning/discoveries.
For more support, please visit our Portfolio advice page and PebblePad advice page.
- We'd like you to submit a 2-3 minute video to help us learn more about you
- Please speak clearly in English and face the camera
- Your video task is submitted along with your portfolio. Read our guidance for how to submit your video task and which file types we accept
As part of your video task please respond to the following questions:
What examples of graphic design communication practice are emerging in your country that move away from the limits of traditional commercial practice? Find one example and describe the new concept (45 seconds). Discuss how it influences your practice (60 seconds).
What happens next
Communicating with you
After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email providing you with your login details for the UAL Portal. We’ll use this portal to contact you to request any additional information, including inviting you to upload documents or book an interview, so please check it regularly.
Initial application check and selection
We check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you will be invited to submit a digital portfolio through UAL’s online portfolio review system. These will be reviewed by the academic team.
Following the review of the digital portfolio, a small number of applicants will progress to the interview stage. All interviews are held online and last 15 to 20 minutes. For support with your interview, visit our Interview tips page.
How we notify you of the outcome of your application
You will receive the final outcome of your application through the UAL portal.
Applicants for this course may be given an alternative offer. This decision will be based on our assessment of your creative and potential interests.
If you would like to request feedback please contact us through the UAL Portal using the Contact Us button in your My Application(s) tab.
Deferring your place
Read our Admissions Policy for details, and request your deferral by contacting us through the UAL Portal using the Contact Us button in your My Application(s) tab.
If you are currently studying at another institution and if you have successfully completed 60 credits in the equivalent units/modules on your current postgraduate course and wish to continue your studies at Camberwell College of Arts, you can apply to transfer. The Admissions Tutor will consider applications on a case by case basis, subject to places being available. You must apply directly to the course via the course webpage as early as possible. Please check our Student Transfer Policy for more important information and be ready to provide us with your current course handbook and transcripts.
Please be ready to provide an official document (translated into English if necessary) from your current university, explaining the learning outcomes of the units you have completed.
19 December 2022 and 3 April 2023
Our equal consideration deadlines have now passed. This course will remain open to applications for 2023 entry until places have been filled. Please be aware that courses can close without notice.
We recommend you submit your application as early as possible to allow the Admissions team to resolve any initial queries about your application as quickly as possible.
When you'll hear from us
This course receives a high volume of applications. We need to make sure that we give all applications equal consideration, so the course team will review them in two rounds. This means that offers won’t be sent to successful applicants until after the relevant application deadline date. Outcomes for Round 1 will be released by 31 March 2022 and outcomes for Round 2 will be released by 30 June 2022.
Remember to check the outcome of your application in the UAL Portal. If you apply in Round 1 and don’t hear back from us, we will consider your application within Round 2.
Find out more about what happens after you apply.