Featuring a heady dose of LCF alumni, here are the top pieces, pictures and comments that came out of London Collections: Men.
Sebastiaan Groenen, BA (Hons) Bespoke Tailoring 2012, impressed critics with his off-schedule debut collection Pieter which was shown at Southard Reid Gallery. Fashion journalist, Simon Chilvers, LCF alumnus MA Fashion: Culture and Communication (now MA Fashion Journalism), named Sebastiaan as a new talent which caught his eye. Whilst, Charlie Porter pronounced Pieter as featuring “super accomplished pieces for a debut collection”. Having won the LCF 2012 collection of the year, it seems that Sebastiaan is to go from success to success.
New label Pieter's presentation was one of the highlights of the day: masculine, flirtatious, provocative, original http://t.co/t9qrrNN23z
— Charlie Porter (@charlie_porter) January 7, 2014
Roxanne Farahmand, BA (Hons) Fashion Jewellery 2013, proved a hit with her eye-catching jewellery, presented at Fashion East. Heavy metal jewellery was worn by boy racers, lounging in an open-top car, as captured by Fashion156 and Dazed Digital.
Meanwhile J.W.Anderson, BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology Menswear 2005, generated excitement with his playful AW14 collection which saw men in heeled clogs, super thick bangles and striking knitwear. Karen Dacre of the Evening Standard called him, “one of the most innovative designers on a London’s menswear schedule”. Check out Showstudio’s live panel review of the show.
Joseph Turvey, MA Fashion Design Technology Menswear 2012, also played with gender, presenting an installation featuring florals and lace with a streetwear attitude. The collection whipped up excitement on District MTV and Hunger TV.
Also, check out…
- Baartmans & Seigel (Wouter Baartmans and Amber Siegel, BA (Hons) and MA Fashion Design Technology Menswear 2010) on Vogue and Fashion156
- Footwear designer Marc Hare, Fashion Business, on Vogue and talking about LC:M on Showstudio
- Ada Zanditon, BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology: Womenswear 2007, and co-founder of Ada + Nik on Interview Magazine.
- Diego Vanassibara, BA (Hons) Cordwainers Footwear: Product Design and Innovation, at the Designer Showroom, NEWGEN MEN.
- Photo: Andrew Urwin with artwork by Celia Hempton