100 Design Projects Online Short Course
You will undertake 100 projects in 5 days. The projects are fast and varied. They will encourage you not to be precious but to think in a free-ranging, open-minded manner. You will explore several aspects of design. All projects are carefully devised to encourage you to develop unusual ideas.
The emphasis will be on the production of concepts rather than ‘slick’ finish. It is not a course that teaches step-by-step technical skills. With a strong emphasis on creativity, in order for you to benefit you must engage with your imagination and tackle the projects with an open mind.
Who should take this course?
Beginners who want a fast track ride through all areas of design.
Those with experience who want to reconnect with raw and immediate working methods.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
- Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
- To take part in the Online sessions you will need:The tech requirements:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser.
- Access to two separate web browsers, we recommend Safari and Google Chrome
- A headset with microphone/headphones is recommended
The projects will relate to a wide range of design areas such as:
- packaging design
- advertising and branding
Meet the Tutor:
Undertake 100 fast and varied projects encouraging you to think in a free-ranging, open-minded manner, where several aspects of design are explored. Emphasis is placed on the production of concepts rather than "slick" finishes.