Social Media Strategy for Fashion Online Short Course
Whether you’re starting a brand, entering the world of fashion PR and marketing, or simply need to boost your online presence, social media is an indispensable tool in the world of fashion. Perfect for budding fashion journalists, designers, PRs or marketers, this course will teach you the basics of social media marketing in a fashion context, using current brand and magazine case studies to enable you to master Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and everything in between, with the expertise of a social media editor.
The course features a series of exercises aimed to broaden your perspective on how social media channels can help you in creating and building a brand.
By the end of the course you will be able to;
- Use a range of social media marketing skills.
- Build your personal or business brand online.
- Make your CV stand out in the crowded fashion marketplace.
- Execute winning social media campaigns.
- Boost your own online prescence.
- Optimise your social channels for SEO.
- Work with influencers and network online.
- Analyse social media data.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for fashion creatives, designers or marketers who want to boost their personal or business digital presence. You should come with a basic understanding of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. Ideally you will have already set up accounts across these five platforms.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you
- have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla
- Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
- Social media strategy for personal / brand use.
- Digital engagement.
- Social media storytelling
- Content creation, viral videos.
- Online presence and brand-building.
- Digital marketing and networking.
- Working with social media influencers.
- Online campaigns and measuring their success using analytics.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
Meet the Tutor:
Perfect for budding fashion journalists, designers, PRs or marketers, this course will teach you the basics of social media marketing in a fashion context.