In common with all courses at the University of the Arts London, this course is credit rated. The course is 3 years, levels 4-6. Each year requires you to achieve 120 credit points. To be awarded the BA (Hons) Film and Screen Studies qualification, you need to accumulate a total of 360 credits.
- Introduction to film and screen studies (20 credits)
- Moving image as an art form (40 credits)
- Innovation and Storytelling (40 credits)
- Creative technologies for storytelling and interactive (20 credits)
- Distinctive identities (40 credits)
- Curating for the screen (20 credits)
- Interrogating the truth (40 credits)
- Collaborative project (20 credits)
- Dissertation (40 credits)
- The emerging future (20 credits)
- Major project (60 credits)
Learning and teaching methods
- Interactive lectures
- Group learning
- Hands-on workshops
- Peer-led seminar learning
- Individual and group tutorials
- Self-directed learning
- Guest speakers
- Study trips
- Formative and summative assessment
Changes to courses
Information provided by the University is accurate at the time of first publication. Courses, however, remain subject to change. Changes may be necessary to improve the quality of educational services, in order to meet the latest requirements of a commissioning or accrediting body, in order to bring course content in line with best practice activities across the Higher Education sector, in response to student feedback, and/or due to a lack of student demand for certain units or options.
Events may arise outside of the reasonable control of the University which lead to changes to courses. Such events may include industrial action, civil disorder, severe weather, and changes in applicable laws and/or safety requirements.
If you have accepted a place on a course, we shall notify you of any changes as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will update this webpage from time to time with new information as it becomes available. In the meantime, if you have any questions, use this register your interest form.