Join us for Poplar Works' birthday celebration
- Written byLondon College of Fashion
- Published date 20 February 2023
To celebrate its third birthday, Poplar Works' are hosting a programme of exciting events this March.
Join Poplar Works for open studios, behind-the-scenes tours, making workshops, pop-up shops and exhibitions, taster sessions and special birthday offers from The Works Cafe.
Tours will run every hour from 3.30pm to 6.30pm and offer a behind-the-scenes visit to the makers, designers and small businesses that call Poplar Works home.
Sign up for Alteration Appointments every 30 mins with the team at Re_Considered or join a range of workshops from our members and local maker community including:
- 3pm - 6pm - Family-friendly crafting with recycled materials with Asma Begum
- 3pm - 6pm - Hand Paint Your Clothes with The Reclaimery
- 3.30pm and 5.30pm - Weaving Workshop with Making for Change. Hand weave your own unique keychain using waste textiles from the Making for Change studio. Suitable for ages 8+ all children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 5pm - Trouser-hemming with Sartorial Therapy
- 6pm - Candle-dipping with Wax Atelier
You can visit open studios between 3pm – 6pm but space is limited for some workshops and activities.
- Date and time: 2 March 2023, 3pm - 7pm
- Location: Poplar Works, London E14 0UX
Walk-ins are welcome but register for free via tickettailor.com or by calling 020 3111 2480 to secure your place and to get the latest updates on the programme of activity.
About Poplar Works
Poplar Works is a workspace and a training centre. Our goal is to help people and businesses to reach their full potential in the fashion industry. There are over forty studios across our two sites, as well as training spaces, a small production unit and a café.
It’s a new hub for anyone working in fashion: designers, makers, jewellers, experienced business owners, and first-year startups. We have a range of studios, an extensive enterprise and events programme, and are home to London College of Fashion, UAL’s award-winning Making for Change programme.
Poplar Works is a partnership between Poplar HARCA, London College of Fashion, UAL and The Trampery, supported by the Mayor of London and part of the Fashion District.