Join LCF’s Contour Community: the specialised degree making waves in the fashion industry
- Written byLondon College of Fashion
- Published date 24 January 2023
The fashion contour industry is rapidly growing, with new innovations and emergence of high-end brands like SKIMS, Fenty and Agent Provocateur leading the industry. Get ready to explore the world that is fashion contour and discover how BA (Hons) Fashion Contour is at the forefront of creating a direct pathway for students into this dynamic industry.
The word ‘contour’ has commonly been synonymous in the beauty industry with make-up and skincare. However, it is also encompassing of a growing industry, home to well-known brands, such as Ann Summers, Agent Provocateur, Bordelle, La Perla, American Eagle Outfitters, and more up and coming brands such as Fenty and SKIMS who have now become big players in the industry, due to their celebrity affiliations.
Fashion Contour refers to garments that shape the contours of the human body and includes the creation of lingerie, swimwear, loungewear, bridalwear, and sportswear. Recent figures shown by Custom Market Insights show that the intimate apparel market is currently valued at $80 billion and is expected to reach $98 billion by 2030, with factors driving market expansion including the rise in working women and increased demand from developing countries.
At LCF, we are proud to say that we are one of the only universities in the world that offer a direct pathway into this growing industry through our specialist course. Our course provides students with a theoretical and practical understanding of the fashion contour industry. Through a diverse range of teaching and learning methods, students will develop their creative skills and abilities, as well as an understanding of innovative technologies and trends.
The course demonstrates a strong connection with industry throughout. For example, in year three, once students have successfully competed year two they may choose to showcase all they have learnt by completing an industry placement. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable industry experience as well as an additional Diploma in Professional Studies qualification.
3 reasons why you should consider studying BA (Hons) Fashion Contour at LCF:
- You will learn all about fashion design, trends, innovative and entrepreneurial concepts, which will prepare you for a career in design and production of lingerie, intimate apparel, underwear, swimwear and structured bodywear.
- There are only 3 contour courses in the world. We offer high spec machinery from wiring, boning, elastication and 3D mannequins all designed to transform your ideas into a reality.
- You will join a truly diverse student community. We have students from all over the world joining our course, all with a variety of backgrounds. They are innovative, supportive, and taught in a way that considers the social, cultural and climate emergency mission at LCF.
LCF BA (Hons) Fashion Contour 2022 Collection
- Find out more about BA (Hons) Fashion Contour
- View more work on the UAL Graduate Showcase
- Find out more about LCF's Move
- What’s on at LCF: open days and events