To celebrate the second year of Elephant & Castle Mini Maker Faire, the Digital Programmes team at the V&A are very pleased to announce an open call for the commission of a £7000 interactive installation to be exhibited at the Maker Faire.
On Saturday 15 November 2014, the first ever Maker Faire in London will be back, in Elephant & Castle, at LCC. Elephant & Castle Mini Maker Faire is a day of family friendly making, learning, crafting, inventing and tinkering in the heart of London. The aim of the event is to encourage creative people of all kinds to identify as Makers by sharing knowledge, tools and practice.
The V&A Digital Programmes team is inviting submissions for original and imaginative proposals for an interactive installation to celebrate maker culture and design, encourage experimentation, problem solving and audience participation in innovative ways. The piece will engage people with the processes of design and making through surprising and thought provoking means.
Some of the guidelines and requirements:
• The call is open to international and UK artists.
• Proposals must be submitted in English.
• The work could take any form, but it should be freestanding.
• Submissions should encourage participation for a range of audiences.
• We particularly encourage collaborative projects.
Deadline for proposal submissions is Monday 30 June.