What are the benefits of studying a research degree at the Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon Graduate School?
The Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon Graduate School has members of staff supervising research degrees in various fields including fine art, design and history of art. Find the right supervisor by reading the University of the Arts London research staff profiles.
Download the Graduate School guide, which also contains our staff areas of expertise:
The following are part of the Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon Graduate School:
- Centre for Circular Design (CCD) - design research for the circular economy through materials, models and mindsets
- Ligatus - leading research within libraries and archives with particular interests in historical bookbinding
- Transnational Art, Identity and Nation (TrAIN) - a forum for historical, theoretical and practice-based research in architecture, art, communication, craft and design
Developing Research Careers
There are a number of ways that the Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon Graduate School helps students to develop their careers as researchers:
- Graduate Teaching Assistant - this scheme offers Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon PhD students the opportunity to teach on selected undergraduate and postgraduate courses across the 3 colleges
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships - the fellowships offer early career researchers the opportunity to progress their careers and to acquire new skills, such as bid development, working as a co-investigator
Research Student Programme
The programme is a forum for discussing and developing ideas with other students at similar stages of their research degrees.
MPhil / PhD Seminar Series
The Camberwell, Chelsea, Wimbledon Graduate School offers a regular programme of seminars for research students.
These seminars provide a context for discussing all aspects of the MPhil / PhD, with an emphasis on the integration of practice within that process.
Seminars are open to all Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon research students. There will also be sessions specifically geared towards first years, as well as confirmation and finishers groups.
In the first year, research degree students at Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon have the opportunity to lead and take part in an annual exhibition.
Completed Research Degrees
Find out more about researchers who have completed PhD or MPhil degrees, their supervisory teams and their thesis titles.
UAL Research Degrees
Find out more about research degrees at UAL and how to apply.