Block 1: Introduction and Specialist Studies
- Unit 1: Orientation to Study in Design, Media and Screen (20 credits)
This is a diagnostic unit that gives you the opportunity to consider which specialist pathway is most suited to your talents and potential. It provides a broad introduction to studio practice in a carousel of specialist workshops.
This first unit will introduce you to all three specialist areas at London College of Communication: Design, Media or Screen.
- Unit 2: Contextual and Theoretical Studies (Part 1) (20 credits)
The unit prepares you academically to enter the first year of the range of undergraduate degree programmes at LCC. The unit primes you for the theoretical study of design, media and screen. The unit supports the development of skills in communication in a number of formats both written and spoken, that are essential to study on a range of Undergraduate Programmes at LCC.
- Unit 3: Specialist Studies: Design, Screen and Media (20 credits)
Halfway through Block 1 you will progress to the most suitable pathway. You will choose form three pathways which reflect the three Schools at LCC; Design School, Media School and Screen School.
- Specialist Studies: Design – will provide you with a range of creative, practical and theoretical approaches relevant to the design industry.
- Specialist Studies: Media – will introduce a range of creative, practical and theoretical approaches within the Media School to develop a preparatory body of knowledge and skill.
- Specialist Studies: Screen – will provide a range of creative, practical and theoretical approaches relevant to the screen industry, such as film, television, animation and games design.
Block 2: Progression and Contexts
- Unit 4: Personal Progression Project (40 credits)
Building on knowledge gained in previous units, this unit supports a more independent learning approach to produce a substantial body of work.
The work will showcase your personal interests and area of intended progression in a studio exhibition and presentation, supported with a visual and written research report.
- Unit 5: Contextual & Theoretical Studies. (Part 2) (20 credits)
This unit prepares you for more specialist theoretical study of communication in the design, media and screen disciplines.