Magazine Creative Direction Online Short Course
During this two-hour online short course, Giulio Mazzarini, established editorial creative director and photographer, will show how a magazine is created, developed, designed and delivered, giving an extensive overview of the workflow, from the generation of the idea to the final design.
Who should attend this online short course?
This online professional development short course is aimed at creatives, art directors, artists, social media managers and entrepreneurs in the creative industries interested in learning more about editorial creative direction.
It is also an excellent fit for individuals who are starting in the creative sectors and/or who aspire to work in magazines ed editorial industries.
After this session, you will:
- Gain an understanding on how ideas are generated
- Have an introduction to how to design Concept/Mood Boards
- Feel more confident about your creative skills
- Know how to present a magazine idea
- Have an overview on the magazine and editorial industries
This online short course offers:
- Expert knowledge from industry professionals
- Opportunities to meet other like-minded creatives
- A chance to join the conversation with a live Q&A
- Opportunity to upskill and develop professional practices
- Participants will receive a certificate upon completion
- How to trigger ideas
- The four Fs of magazine design
- The role of Creative Directors
- Finding the best formats and strategy to create effective presentations
- How to work in editorial teams
- How images and text work together
To take part in this online session you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
We recommend you have:
- A sketchbook
- A pencil
- A camera - ideally digital SLR or mirrorless (optional)
Meet the Tutor:
In this two-hour online short course, you will have an overview on magazine creative direction from an established professional.