Patterns in Art for 7 to 10 Year Olds Online Short Course
In this fun course, we will be exploring pattern, inspired by the natural forms all around us. We will experiment with a range of ways to create repeating patterns and our processes will include drawing, painting and printmaking. We will look at examples of commercial pattern designers such as Orla Kiely and explore the importance of colour combinations and creating harmony within a design.
We will also explore how famous artists such as Bridget Riley, Yayoi Kusama and Gustav Klimt incorporate pattern into their work in different ways and create our own unique artwork in response.
Over 3 exciting sessions, you will learn all the tips and tricks needed to become a top pattern designer and how you can use these skills to produce striking artworks, amazing wrapping paper or even your own fabulous fabric design!
Who should attend
Anyone aged 7 to 10 who is interested in art and design.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Receive feedback on your work
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for someone else
- Add the bookers details under Your details
- And the students details under Delegate 1
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking, please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Acrylic paints in various colours
- Coloured pencils
- Black biro/fine liner
- Household materials for printing with: bottle tops, string, cardboard, etc.
- Paint brushes
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
In this fun course, we will be exploring pattern, inspired by the natural forms all around us. We will experiment with a range of ways to create repeating patterns and our processes will include drawing, painting and printmaking.