The UAL International Summer School offers students studying A level, IB or equivalent a unique opportunity to study in an art school environment. Students will create work inspired and informed by London's rich cultural and social diversity, as they engage in a series of art and design projects.
Structured in a similar way to a foundation course in art and design, you will be helped to build and create work for a portfolio for university application. Throughout the three-week programme, you will be encouraged to further progress and express your ideas through informal discussions and critiques with your tutors and fellow students. You will also have the opportunity to experience the energy and vibrancy of London including off-site visits to galleries and places of interest. If you are 11 to 15 years old, check out UAL International Summer School for 11 to 15 year olds Short Course
Who should attend?
The UAL International Summer School provides a unique opportunity to work alongside experienced UAL tutors and experience life at art school. Suitable for anyone aged between 16 to 18 years old, considering further studies in art and design.
You will grow in your own self confidence and learn to appreciate conceptual development through a range of perspectives and skills. You will generate ideas and concepts that reflect a given theme and create a range of new work, experimenting with: scale, texture and colour via the mediums of drawing, sketching, mark-making, design, 2D and 3D collage and modelling.
Find out more about the course from students who recently studied with us at the 2022 UAL International Summer School.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
Digital Credentials (badges and certificates)
Students will receive a UAL Short Courses digital badge and certificate on completion of the course. Digital credentials are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments and stand out from the crowd. Find out more about our digital badges and credentials.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.
- Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Theatre & Performance
- Fashion & Textiles
- 3D Design
- Portfolio Advice
Please bring along with you the following materials for the course
- A selection of pencils – B, 2B, 3B, 4B and 6B
- Soft and hard erasers
- Fine liners (0.4mm size or similar)
- A glue sick
- A camera (phone camera will suffice)
- USB stick of at least 8GB memory