Portfolio Preparation for Art College for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
The application to Foundation or BA courses can be a challenging process. However, help is at hand! This course for teenagers is designed to help you prepare yourself and your portfolio, for the application process. Regardless of your experience or ability this course will encourage to produce more work, and it will give you advice on portfolio content and presentation.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
Digital Credentials (badges and certificates)
Students will receive a UAL Short Courses digital badge and certificate on completion of the course. Digital credentials are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments and stand out from the crowd. Find out more about our digital badges and credentials.
- A variety of projects to build your portfolio
- Working from the life model and from still life setups
- Using a range of different media
- One-to-one tutorial (optional) - max. 30 mins
- A guided tour to art galleries to help you get inspired
Please bring with you to the first session:
A sketchbook (either A4 or A3 size), pencil and pen.
During the course, you will also need:
Sketchbook (either A3 or A4 )
- Masking tape
- Glue stick
- Multi-surface wipes
- Pencil: 2B or 4B
- Charcoal (willow)
- Watercolour paint - a basic set
- Fine paint brushes for ink and watercolour paintings
A1 size paper is provided, as well as various art materials.
Meet the Tutor:
This course for teenagers is designed to help you prepare yourself and your portfolio for the application process. Regardless of your experience or ability this course will encourage you to produce more work, and give you advice on portfolio content and presentation.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA