Fashion Buying and Merchandising Buying Techniques Short Course
This course follows on from our 'Introduction to Fashion Buying and Merchandising' and will give you the tools you need to follow either the buying pathway in your career. Through the use of up-to-date case studies, lectures and workshops this fashion buying course will explore the more complex aspects of the 'fashion buyer' function.
The projects you'll be asked to undertake involve mathematical formulae therefore it's essential you have an understanding of maths to GCSE level C or equivalent.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- The role of the 'fashion buyer'
- Preparation pre planning
- Understanding your customer
- Identifying demand
- Sales analysis
- Understanding product lifecycles
- Profit and margin control
- Emerging Markets
- The impact of new technology
- Supply chain and distribution
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Laptop/ iPad/ tablet
- Notepad and pen
- Pocket calculator
- Please bring 2-3 magazines (lifestyle/ fashion/ home) that you are willing to cut up.
Meet the Tutor:
This Fashion Buying and Merchandising Buying Techniques course follows on from our 'Introduction to Fashion Buying and Merchandising' and will give you the tools you need to follow either the buying pathway in your career.