Buying and Merchandising for Online Retail Online Short Course
Today ecommerce is an integral part of almost every fashion business, from small high street brands through to global luxury retailers. Within the UK alone online sales in 2018 are set to hit 18% of all retail sales, thats an estimated market of over 80 billion - and the exciting thing? Its only going to keep growing.
On this course you will be immersed in the world of buying for ecommerce, gaining a unique insight into the business of retailing online and a practical knowledge of industry-insider practices.
You will learn how to plan, buy and trade for an online retailer along with discussing exciting case studies and new technologies, gaining skills vital for any fashion buyer wishing to progress in a modern day fashion business.
By the end of this course you will understand;
- The skills and techniques used in buying fashion for ecommence.
- How to conduct customer and brand research.
- The techniques of planning and merchandising for an online retailer.
- Trading the product online, from styling techniques through to managing exchange rates.
- How to appeal to the global customer and keep them coming back for more!
Who is Buying and Merchandising for Online Retail (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for anyone looking to pursue a career in fashion Buying or Merchandising, particularly within the e-commerce sector. Its also a great course for anyone interested in developing their fashion business skills, or simply if you have an interest in the world of online retail.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your C
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Ecommerce; a business model.
- The online customer.
- Planning, managing and driving growth online.
- Buying for ecommerce; sourcing, range planning and brand mixes.
- The importance of styling and photography.
- Deliveries, trading and analysis.
- Managing a global market; pricing and exchange rates.
- Ecommerce vs Bricks & Mortar.
- Digital marketing - newsletters, videos and social media.
- New technologies; how does the future look?.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you
- have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla
- Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
Meet the Tutor:
in this Buying and Merchandising for Online Retail short course, you will learn how to plan, buy and trade for an online retailer. You will discuss exciting case studies and new technologies.