Bag Making Short Course
Bag design is one of the most exciting areas of the fashion market at the moment and this course will inspire all those who love handbags. The course will guide students through the process of researching concepts, designing and developing their final ideas. Technician help will be available.
Students should arrive with a selection of ideas for their designs (e.g. pictures, colours, textures, fabric samples) on the first day, and should budget £15 to £45 for the materials for their bag.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- investigating suitable fabric and fittings
- cutting from a pattern
- an introduction to basic sewing skills on industrial machines
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Some bag drawings
- A selection of fabric samples - these could be any kind of inspirational materials such as suede, fine leather, wool, cotton, poly-cotton, courdroy, denim (Please do not bring any type of stretch fabrics or lycra.)
- Fabric & Paper Scissors
- 30cm Ruler, Set Square or Pattern Master
- Sketchbook & Drawing materials
- Pins, Tracing Wheel & Quick Unpick
- Measuring Tape & Clear Tape
Meet the Tutor:
Bag design is one of the most exciting areas of the fashion market today, and this course will inspire all those who love handbags. The course will guide students through the process of researching concepts and designing and developing final ideas.