This information is for Non-Medical Help Providers who are supporting UAL students.
Liaising with the UAL Disability Service
The Disability Service has a Support Work Coordinator called Katie Atkinson. Please direct general queries and feedback requests to Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)7767 623477).
Each student has a named Disability Adviser, according to their course of study. Please direct student queries to the Disability Adviser, when known.
Please direct invoice queries to email@example.com
Visit the UAL Disability Service pages for more information about how we work.
Useful information about UAL
- Coronavirus: Important information
- UAL locations and opening times
- Fire Safety and emergency evacuation procedures
- First aid and incident reporting
- Safeguarding Students (PDF 218KB)
Concerns about students
Please direct concerns to the Disability Service as soon as possible. We will seek to support you and the student by:
- Directing you to the most appropriate place.
- Following-up with the student and signposting or referring them to support.
Any action will be considered in-line with the Disability Service Confidentiality Policy (PDF 1201KB).
If you believe the student is at risk, please also refer to the UAL Counselling & Health Service webpages. This includes information about duty and drop-in sessions, as well as helplines and emergency support.
Access to UAL sites and online taught sessions
Support workers need an ID card to access UAL sites. Please email the Support Work Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an ID card. Include the worker’s title, full name and date of birth.
UAL is delivering a mix of on-campus and online activities. The Disability Service can help arrange access to online sessions for providers supporting students in class. Please contact Support Work Coordinator, Katie Atkinson (email@example.com).
Room bookings (Specialist Mentoring only)
UAL does not have a mechanism for external providers, or students, to book rooms. However, the Disability Service can book rooms for Specialist Mentoring where available. Space is very limited so flexibility is required.
- Direct rooming queries to the Support Work Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Contact us to discuss room availability, before offering times to students.
- Make requests at least a week in advance.
The Disability Service does not have capacity to book rooms for other support types.
Missed sessions (Band 1-3 and BSL Interpreting only)
UAL may fund short-notice cancellations that are not funded by DSA. The following procedure must be followed. This applies to students funded by the University and DSA:
- The supplier advises UAL of their cancellation policy when support commences. UAL recognises the same cancellation periods as DSA.
- The supplier informs the Disability Adviser of all short-notice cancellations within a week. This must include evidence of the short-notice cancellation. Examples include an email or text from the student.
UAL will pay for short-notice cancellations for HEI related reasons when:
- The supplier informs the Disability Adviser of the short-notice cancellation within a week.
- The supplier provides information and/or evidence about the HEI cancellation.
Minimum booking periods:
UAL recognizes minimum booking periods for BSL interpreting only.
Please submit feedback requests to the Support Work Coordinator (email@example.com).
To ensure prompt payment, invoices should:
- Be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Always show your VAT number (if applicable)
- Show UAL’s full address and be clearly marked for the Disability Service (UAL, 272 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7EY)
- Always be supported by electronic copies of signed timesheets
- Always show the name of the student, the student’s ID Number and the date support was delivered on.
We cannot process invoices which include support for multiple students. Please send separate invoices for each student you support.
UAL Support Work Coordinator
+44 (0)7767 623477
Disability Admin Team
+44 (0)20 7514 6156