This information is for Non-Medical Help Providers who are supporting UAL students.
Liaising with the UAL Disability Service
The Disability Service has a Support Work Coordinator called Katie Atkinson. Please direct general queries and feedback requests to Katie (email@example.com or +44 (0)20 7514 8446).
Each student has a named Disability Adviser, according to their course of study. Please direct student queries to the Disability Adviser, when known.
Please direct invoice queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the UAL Disability Service pages for more information about how we work.
Useful information about UAL
- UAL locations and opening times
- Fire Safety and emergency evacuation procedures
- First aid and incident reporting
- Safeguarding Students (PDF 218KB)
Concerns about students
Please direct concerns to the Disability Service as soon as possible. We will seek to support you and the student by:
- Directing you to the most appropriate place.
- Following-up with the student and signposting or referring them to support.
Any action will be considered in-line with the Disability Service Confidentiality Policy (PDF 1201KB).
If you believe the student is at risk, please also refer to the UAL Counselling & Health Service webpages. This includes information about duty and drop-in sessions, as well as helplines and emergency support.
Access to UAL sites
Support workers need an ID card to access UAL sites. Please email the Support Work Coordinator (email@example.com) to request an ID card. Include the worker’s title, full name and date of birth.
Room bookings (Specialist Mentoring only)
UAL does not have a mechanism for external providers, or students, to book rooms. However, the Disability Service can book rooms for Specialist Mentoring where available. Space is very limited so flexibility is required.
- Direct rooming queries to the Support Work Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Disability Admin Team (email@example.com).
- Contact us to discuss room availability, before offering times to students.
- Make requests at least a week in advance.
The Disability Service does not have capacity to book rooms for other support types.
Missed sessions (Band 1-3 and BSL Interpreting only)
UAL may fund short-notice cancellations that are not funded by DSA. The following procedure must be followed. This applies to students funded by the University and DSA:
- The supplier advises UAL of their cancellation policy when support commences. UAL recognises the same cancellation periods as DSA.
- The supplier informs the Disability Adviser of all short-notice cancellations within a week. This must include evidence of the short-notice cancellation. Examples include a timesheet signature or email/text from the student.
UAL will pay for short-notice cancellations for HEI related reasons when:
- The supplier informs the Disability Adviser of the short-notice cancellation within a week.
- The supplier provides information and/or evidence about the HEI cancellation.
Minimum booking periods:
UAL recognizes minimum booking periods for BSL interpreting only.
Please submit feedback requests to the Support Work Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To ensure prompt payment, invoices should:
- Be sent electronically to email@example.com
- Always show your VAT number (if applicable)
- Show UAL’s full address and be clearly marked for the Disability Service
- Always be supported by electronic copies of signed timesheets
- Always show the name of the student, the student’s ID Number and the date support was delivered on.